Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Serious Injury Motorcycle Accident - Rte 9 SB - Town of Wappinger

20 posts in this topic

The Hughsonville Fire Department, Town of Wappinger/TransCare Medics, Stat-Flight, and the NYSP operated at this serious injury motorcycle accident on Route 9 south of the Lawrence Farms Plaza on Sunday, August 16th. The male cyclist was critically injured suffering what appeared to be several compound fractures and numerous other injuries. The Rombout Fire Department closed Rte 9 northbound as Stat-Flight Air 2 landed on the highway and both lanes remained closed as Hughsonville firefighters, T.O.W./TransCare and Stat-Flight Medics treated and stabilized the patient for transport. The patient was packaged and moved to Stat-Flight Air 2 and flown to WMC for treatment of his injuries.

621796978_CPkzr-L.jpg

Stat-Flight Air 2 scopes out their LZ as they prepare to land.

621804818_Gjwx7-L.jpg

Air 2 begins their decent.......

621808366_fEGBM-L.jpg

Air 2's almost down as firefighters monitor their progress....

621812011_CeHh9-L.jpg

Air 2 is down safely and its crew is ready to go to work.......

621781446_deMEW-L.jpg

Stat-Flights crew gets settled in as on scene personnel continue treating their patient and the Troopers work on ID'ing him...........

621785133_sf7AF-L.jpg

TOW/TransCare Medics go over patient info with the Stat-Flight Crew.......

621816010_zEFFT-L.jpg

Time to go....... The patient is moved to Air 2 as his bike lays in the foreground .......

621792876_iZyfR-L.jpg

The Stat-Flight Medic glances at the bike as he heads back to Air 2.......

621819095_bhd9K-L.jpg

On the move.......

621823719_GqaQB-L.jpg

Almost at Air 2............

Edited by Photounit

Saw them last night on your website. Great job Bill. I have to save my pennies I want to buy some, lololol. Great Job Bill.

Thomas

621828868_jaWH6-L.jpg

Ready, lift........

621832727_VuK95-L.jpg

The patient was "Hot Loaded" into Air 2

621842094_5AySc-L.jpg

All set???????

621850522_6Mcha-L.jpg

Air 2 lifts off.......

621851846_Dqy8S-L.jpg

Turns.......

621858418_BEN7f-L.jpg

And heads towards WMC......

621866641_65rNo-L.jpg

Bill those are some great shots.

Nice shots Bill.... Isnt that the same area where there was a fatal a month or so ago? It was on a motorcycle then to I believe

As said before Photounit, kudos on some excellent on scene photos thank you for sharing

Great pics as always.

Nice shots Bill.... Isnt that the same area where there was a fatal a month or so ago? It was on a motorcycle then to I believe

Thanks everybody....... Yes, I believe this was the same stretch where that incident occurred.......

for the injuries that i heard the individial has the bike looks in great shape what did he hit

Bill, how did you get the copter to stop in mid air so you could get the shot of the rotors in a stationary position? LOL.........

OK boys and girls, here's a question. Route 9 is a state highway, not, to my knowledge, a "federally-funded highway" as certain recent standards refer to. MOST (except one) Hughsonville guy has a vest on, and Transcare staff have vests on. In one shot, you can see that the troopers do not, the Stat Flight crew does not, and some guy in a blue shirt and shorts probably shouldn't even be close enough to be in the picture. My question- forget that vest might be a good idea at any accident scene where you're standing on the road, but is the use of vest REQUIRED under curent and proposed standards? I'm not criticizing anyone, I just have not been able to figure out this whole concept. Clear as mud.........

Thanks for sharing, Bill! Those are some GREAT scene shots!!!

Bill, how did you get the copter to stop in mid air so you could get the shot of the rotors in a stationary position? LOL.........

OK boys and girls, here's a question. Route 9 is a state highway, not, to my knowledge, a "federally-funded highway" as certain recent standards refer to. MOST (except one) Hughsonville guy has a vest on, and Transcare staff have vests on. In one shot, you can see that the troopers do not, the Stat Flight crew does not, and some guy in a blue shirt and shorts probably shouldn't even be close enough to be in the picture. My question- forget that vest might be a good idea at any accident scene where you're standing on the road, but is the use of vest REQUIRED under curent and proposed standards? I'm not criticizing anyone, I just have not been able to figure out this whole concept. Clear as mud.........

The blades weren't spinning at the moment I hit the shutter...... It's all in the timing ;)

The guy in the blue shorts I believe witnessed the incident and stayed with the victim until help arrived ..... He continued to watch as the victim was treated and was not in the way as far as I could see.....

I don't want to hijack the thread with my feelings about the vest law....... :angry: This should be a seperate discussion......

And thanks Chris.....

Edited by Photounit

Nice job as always Bill

Yes it's a state road but I do think they do get some federal money for it.

My opinion is all operations on any road (except as the law states) should have a vest on. It's safety equipment, if you have use it. It won't hurt you.

Route 9 is actually a federal highway.

for the injuries that i heard the individial has the bike looks in great shape what did he hit

POJO News

Poughkeepsie man crashes motorcycle after attempted wheelie

There was no indication alcohol or illegal drug use played a role in the accident, according to police. The crash is still under investigation and charges are pending.

I think its safe to say intelligence and common sense weren't factors in the accident either.

Edited by 64FFMJK

POJO News

Poughkeepsie man crashes motorcycle after attempted wheelie

There was no indication alcohol or illegal drug use played a role in the accident, according to police. The crash is still under investigation and charges are pending.

I think its safe to say intelligence and common sense weren't factors in the accident either.

According to one of the many reader comments about the article, apparently this is not the individuals first negative encounter with the Laws of Physics.......

If I'm not mistaken the road was shut down. Would you still need the vest if there is no traffic? Just asking. I don't know the new laws for wearing the vest by heart yet. But your opening comment very funny.

As far as I know the North Bound Rt. 9 wasnt shut down untill a few before the helicopter was thier, because they opened it right after they left. Also, the vests arent just for the public. They are for us, thier have been several fire personal run over and killed by the firetruck moving on the scene of an inncodent. Scenes can get very out of control very quickly, you need to see everyone on that scene while moving the equipment. Wear your vests it will save your life.

Thomas

Amazing shots of Air2!