Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCESU

New Vessel: Jersey City Police-E.S.U. SAFEBOAT

8 posts in this topic

Jersey City P.D.-E.S.U. just took delivery of a new self-righting (can't wait to test) 33ft Safeboat.

1)18 man cabin with ac/heat

2)side scan sonar and F.L.I.R.

3)Realtime video link to our Radio Room (or practically anywhere)

4)Two (2) 300 Mercury's

5)Underwater ROV

6)The entire width of the bow is hinged and hydraulically operated for dive operations and evidence retrieval

7)Shore sling for quick launch and to protect the vessel from the elements of the Hudson & Hackensack Rivers

**Left all the spec's in work will edit when I get them.

***Have mercy on me I can't remember the last time I posted a photo on here.... :)

**** Special Thanks to the U.S. Army Corps. of Engineers (Jersey City facility)for helping with the offloading.

post-1201-1250954811.jpg

post-1201-1250954838.jpg

post-1201-1250954876.jpg

post-1201-1250954899.jpg

post-1201-1250954921.jpg

post-1201-1250954939.jpg

post-1201-1250954961.jpg

post-1201-1250954986.jpg

post-1201-1250955004.jpg

post-1201-1250955027.jpg

That Is A Beast. Do You Know What Thay Are Going To Use As A Mule ? To Tow Is

VERY impressive! Thanks for the photos and specs!

I had the amazing opportunity to ride the CT DEP Environmental Conservation Police's boat, almost exactly the same as this. Let me tell you, they are a FUN ride. With 10 people in the cabin we were doing 180s like it was nothing. Awesome boats, very high performance, after all, the Coast Guard uses them all the time. I won't be first on line to test out the self-righting feature though JCPD, haha. Good luck with the new ride!

Awesome boats, very high performance, after all, the Coast Guard uses them all the time.

I thought this boat looked familiar; yes indeed that's the baby the Coast Guard uses down here to patrol the intercoastal waterway (with the addition of a 50 calliber MG mounted right out on the bow).

Gorgeous boat, safe travels to the JCPD Marine Unit K.

That Is A Beast. Do You Know What Thay Are Going To Use As A Mule ? To Tow Is

JC OEM purchased us a sling that is mounted at the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers-they are located off the Hudson between Port Liberte` and Heugo New Scrap. The vessel doesn't get beat up being kept in the water 24/7 and we don't have to worry about the bilge pumps etc. Manpower is an issue for us, but, along with the purchase I believe we have a mandate to keep it in service X' amount of hours per day. It was purchased under a grant-$520k-540k approx. The 'anti-spill coffe cup holders' during the 360 deg. self righting maneuver were thrown in for free. Written into the grant was a trip for two ESU guys to go out to Safeboat in WA for a pre-delivery inspection and operations class. To have to trailer it everytime we had to put it into the water would be an event-its really a monster to move around on land.

I thought this boat looked familiar; yes indeed that's the baby the Coast Guard uses down here to patrol the intercoastal waterway (with the addition of a 50 calliber MG mounted right out on the bow).

Gorgeous boat, safe travels to the JCPD Marine Unit K.

Thanks. I am told Newark PD/ESU is getting a twin of the same WITH the 50 Cal mounted. What the purpose would be outside of the 50 Cal besdies the pain of qualifying with it several times a year...anticipating pirates I guess...