Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lake Mohegan Orders New KME Engine

25 posts in this topic

Does anybody know whaats going on In Lake Mohegan I heard Car 2261 and U18 going to the Peekskill riverfront?

At about 8 PM I saw a brand new Pierce engine, no markings other than Wisconsin plates going to the waterfront as well.

So is Mohegan looking at new Engines? What was the apparatus that was demo'ed?

At about 8 PM I saw a brand new Pierce engine, no markings other than Wisconsin plates going to the waterfront as well.

Was wondering who's apparatus that was. They drove up Hudson from the river about an hour ago. I think they may have been checking out the drive train, putting it through the paces on some local roads and hills. The BMP would have gotten them back to their district faster

Does Anyone Know The Out Come Of The Test. Are Thay Going To Buy One Or Not. I Am A Pierce Nut !!!!!!!

Let the rumors and speculation begin !

to be honest last i heard we were getting a space ship

Is this apparatus going to replace anything i know E-255 is the oldest rig that Mohegan has

Of course, if Mohegan's getting a pumper, it's going to be a Rescue pumper. I would assume that this would replace the Freightliners?

I belive the new rig is going to replace 254 or 53 and 255 is going to become strictly a F.A.S.T truck. but dont hold me to any of that

The committee is in the preliminary stages and is looking at different manufacturers at this time. The committee is not set on anything yet as far as type/style and the committee is open to all possibilities at the moment. Rig replacement, if any, will not be decided for quite a while and other specific rig designations have not been determined and will not be determined for some time.

Edited by CG206

See, I know it's a long way off, but this is a department where I could see the Ferrara MVP fitting in really nicely.....

From today's Journal News:

Lake Mohegan Fire District accepting bids for a "Rescue style pumper" through 11/23

last i heard mohegan was keeping E-255 as a fast rig

Friend of mine said Lake Mohegan Fire District has ordered a new engine....anyone know from whom and when will it be delivered?

Hey Seth,, Bid was awarded to KME.. It will be a rescue pumper. Sorta like engine 258 but with deeper compartments and some storage up top. There was a great committee put together with career and volunteer together.. Delivery should be toward end of year..

x635 likes this

fire55, thanks for the info!

KME is really moving up into the area!! Has their quality gone up? I know they had a bad rap for a long time.

KME is really moving up into the area!! Has their quality gone up? I know they had a bad rap for a long time.

It has gone up TREMNEDOUSLY. In fact, Los Angeles CITY FD just placed an order for 23 of them, amongst many other departments nationwide.

Construction set to begin:

http://www.moheganfire.com/index.cfm?fs=news.newsView&News_ID=385

spy shot of Eastchesters New KME in the pictures...

More spy shots of E29 to come. Just want to give EFD time to post pic's if they are on EMTBravo. I will post them this Thurs. It is a great rig!! ;)

Edited by SteveOFD