Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - La Grange Fire District - # 1370 Rte 55 9/4/09

11 posts in this topic

While apparently most people were sleeping, The La Grange Fire Department along with an Engine from the Union Vale FD under preplanned mutual-aid were dispatched for a reported structure fire at # 1370 Rte 55 near the intersection of Rte 82 shortly after 4:00am on the morning of September 4, 2009. Firefighters arrived to find fire through the roof of the ~50' x 25' single story ranch. It was immediately determined that the lone occupant of the structure an adult male, was safely out of the structure and firefighters began their attack on the fire and also set up a porta-tank operation for a water supply. The fire appeared to have started at the rear of the structure and was mostly contained to the attic area. La Grange was assisted at the scene by the Arlington FD (FAST team) East Fishkill FD, and the Union Vale FD. The New Hackensack FD provided station coverage. The cause of the fire was investigated by the Dutchess County Office of Emergency Response Cause and Origin Team.

639727390_JY4PT-X2.jpg

First in shot....... Firefighter grab an extension ladder from first-due La Grange 47-12 as the fire has a significant hold on the attic

639727923_eHa89-X2.jpg

A shot of the front.....It was a wide structure.....

639728797_gb4EW-X2.jpg

Firefighters prepare to raise their ladder against the front of the structure

639865001_UCGXR-X2.jpg

A NYS Trooper assists with an exterior hose line as interior crews make their way to the attic...... Kudos to the Trooper!

639864603_ewHq3-X2.jpg

Checking progress from the outside.....

639733422_JyzkW-X2.jpg

A shot of the rear...... Is this where the fire started?

639862373_Du37s-X2.jpg

The occupant of the structure emerges from the garage with his dog......

639862558_J7Svh-X2.jpg

The head of an interior Firefighter pokes out of the burned out roof.....

640114081_jnwdS-X2.jpg

Water Opp's......

639867575_t6A3M-X2.jpg

La Grange 47-12.....

Edited by Photounit

People shots......

639739701_UasHa-X2.jpg

La Grange 47-5? Correct me if I'm wrong.... Is that you Greg?

639867026_CNjWg-X2.jpg

Checking the roof from the outside....

639862734_HvJSU-X2.jpg

Arlington Lieutenant Jeff Karns

639863035_tCWQ9-X2.jpg

DC Car 12 and La Grange 47-1

Edited by Photounit

Pretty sure the head poking out of the roof is LFD FF S.D. No?

I love the shot of the Trooper holding the line, and the UVFD Lieutenant (and Poughkeepsie ACO1!) standing by talking to the other Trooper...classic Ray~

bill nice pictures keep up the good work

Pretty sure the head poking out of the roof is LFD FF S.D. No?

I love the shot of the Trooper holding the line, and the UVFD Lieutenant (and Poughkeepsie ACO1!) standing by talking to the other Trooper...classic Ray~

I just hope the Trooper doesn't get reprimanded...... I know sometimes Mgmt doesn't like to see photo's like this...... Looking how wet he is, I suspect he got in on the action early-on when the manpower was limited and I'm sure his assistance was greatly appreciated......

Edited by Photounit

He is probably a firefighter. But I guess it is true Fire and Police need to work together. Great Job Bill.

Thomas

639862734_HvJSU-X2.jpg

Arlington Captain Jeff Karns

Lieutenant J. Karn... Although I am not sure if he would take the Captain comment as a compliment or too much for him, lol!!

Lieutenant J. Karn... Although I am not sure if he would take the Captain comment as a compliment or too much for him, lol!!

Ooops....... I can't keep track of who's-what up there..... So noted.....

Whats up with the small suction lines to the attack engine. Not that I can say anything as we don't carry any suction hose down here!

Whats up with the small suction lines to the attack engine. Not that I can say anything as we don't carry any suction hose down here!

From what I now know, This set-up allows you to easily switch back to tank water if and when the porta-tank(s)become empty......