Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest digger31

Amenia - Structure Fire 9-6-09: Photos Added 9/11/09

26 posts in this topic

At around 2:13 am Amenia was toned out for a working structure fire on Smithfield Valley road off of Route 44. Upon arrival the officers knew they had to work fast to contain this fire to the back of the building which was already fully involved. ( the structure was an 1800 hundreds colonial house with 2 huge additions off the back of the structure) The first two engines arrived at the same time 31-15 and the brand new 31-11 the Chief immediately chose to attack this fire with the compressed air foam system on 31-11, and within minutes the fire was under control. We attacked the fire from the front door and within seconds we were able to enter the structure and push the fire back to its origin and completely extinguish it. It was an awesome stop and a great job done by all (at the scene Amenia, Wassaic, Sharon CT, Millbrook, Stanford,

Millerton, and also Dover was on standby at Wassaic ). That was also 31-11's first structure fire for Amenia and it proved to be a wise investment for the district.

Edited by markmets415

14-7 Phil T. took good pictuce of house fire i hope will put in emtbravo soon

Like Richie said, great shots upon arrival from 14-7 coming soon.

Nice stop gotta love that foam

At around 2:13 am Amenia was toned out for a working structure fire on Smithfield Valley road off of Route 44. Upon arrival the officers knew they had to work fast to contain this fire to the back of the building which was already fully involved. ( the structure was an 1800 hundreds colonial house with 2 huge additions off the back of the structure) The first two engines arrived at the same time 31-15 and the brand new 31-11 the Chief immediately chose to attack this fire with the compressed air foam system on 31-11, and within minutes the fire was under control. We attacked the fire from the front door and within seconds we were able to enter the structure and push the fire back to its origin and completely extinguish it. It was an awesome stop and a great job done by all (at the scene Amenia, Wassaic, Sharon CT, Millbrook, Stanford,

Millerton, and also Dover was on standby at Wassaic ). That was also 31-11's first structure fire for Amenia and it proved to be a wise investment for the district.

Great job by all on the scene, quick and effective knockdown, I believe 69-31 arrived in between 31-15 and 31-11. The foam did a nice job for sure Joel although it got my gear nasty.

post-16297-1252342932.jpg

Hey Phil even got a shot of my ladder I used when pulling down the soffits.

I was camping right down the road from here...never heard the sirens...slept through the whole thing....

not much need for siren at 215 am in the sticks

Tell robin that...someone kept her up...and it wasnt me!~ :P

nice pictures, looks like a good stop

Great job by all on the scene, quick and effective knockdown, I believe 69-31 arrived in between 31-15 and 31-11. The foam did a nice job for sure Joel although it got my gear nasty.

I apologize Mark you are right 69-31 arrived around the same time if not first.

How did I miss this!?!~?!?

Is this the COMMAND POST? :P

post-17023-1252340293.jpg

No just the fatman taking a rest when the Chiefs not looking. lol

I apologize Mark you are right 69-31 arrived around the same time if not first.

Joel no need to apologize man, you were busy just like the rest of us.

That was definetly a great stop. Sorry for foaming you Mark. lol

That was definetly a great stop. Sorry for foaming you Mark. lol

Jason your time will come!

There more pictuce go on www.ameniafire.com go look at it look grat pictuce

Pictures added from the Amenia website, all taken by Phil Thompson, 31-7 and DC 911 dispatcher 14-7

The structure was well involved, upon our arrival:

post-16297-1252686858.jpg

post-16297-1252686875.jpg

post-16297-1252686892.jpg

post-16297-1252686903.jpg

post-16297-1252686911.jpg

Some interior shots

post-16297-1252687241.jpg

post-16297-1252687247.jpg

post-16297-1252687251.jpg

Communication and coordination between the interior crew ( A side, 2 1/2" C.A.F.S. line through the front door) and the exterior crew (C and D sides, 1 1/2" C.A.F.S. line) really worked well knocking this fire down.

Edited by FF31-126

How did the CASF lines work out for you? Was there a notable difference?

awsome knock down time within minutes after deployment. Much easier to handel the 2.5 with cafs.

awsome knock down time within minutes after deployment. Much easier to handel the 2.5 with cafs.

I second that, in both respects.