Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Huntington Manor LODD 09/09/2009

12 posts in this topic

HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) - A firefighter on Long Island has died while battling a blaze.

The Huntington Manor Volunteer Fire Department said the firefighter collapsed early today as he tried to put out a fire at the Uber Cafe bagel shop in Huntington Station.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20090909/NEWS...attling%20blaze

edit:

The victim, Richard Holst, 60, of Huntington Station, had been a member of the Huntington Manor Fire Department in Huntington Station for 31 years, serving as chaplain for many of those years, fire officials said in a news release Wednesday.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk...-fire-1.1432300

Edited by EMSJunkie712

Rest in Pease. My thoughts and prayers go to the victims family and the HMFD members.

RIP my brother. Thoughts and prayers to the family and members of HMFD

May he rest in Peace, and may God grant his family, friends and extended family, the strength to get through this most difficult time.

Rest in Peace. I'm sure the community he served and died while serving, and of course his family, are all in shock and mourning. Hopefully he gets a big turnout at his funeral; all the Long Island Depts. add up to quite a number of members who should make the effort to pay their respects and give him a large send-off; to say thank you and show support to his family. It is very comforting for the family to see a "Sea of Blue" at the funeral.

~God Rest.