Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

North White Plains New Engine

10 posts in this topic

Today's Journal News legal notices advises NWP accepting bids for new engine through 9/24

I read that legal notice yesterday and unless I am missing something they are only going out for bid for 14 days. When we went to bid on 119 the usual village bid period was 30 days but the village treasurer insisted on 45 days which ended up costing us about another $40,000 since the price of all components went up during the extra 15 days. Good luck North White.

Edited by xchief2x

WOW! This has been a long time coming....they've needed a new engine for a long time....it seems funding for them is always a battle.

Will it be a standard engine, or rescue pumper

Thanks once again to LFD171 for the heads up!

Going out to bid for 14 days usually means they have a prefered builder and they want as few responses as possible. Usually I have found that most every customer has a preferred builder no matter who the customer is. To be honest I would prefer my customers' bids only to be out for 14 days, I lost a HUGE rescue bid because vendors pitched a fit when the tanker the department had just received was only out to bid for 14 days just prior to the rescue. The chief didn't like the static he got so the rescue bid was out for like 90 days and I got hosed on it and it was my specification.

Some customers complain because people don't bid on alot of trucks. Why should I bid a US Tanker when the specification is a brand XYZ. I will always ask the department if they are truly open or if they have a preferred builder. If they want a courtesy bid I will throw something together. I have been asked "Aren't you supposed to be bidding on trucks?" aand I say "No I am supposed to be selling trucks."

Where will the new Engine be kept?

My recollection of the NWPFD Firehouse is that they barely have enough room for E75 (Blauvelts old Pierce), L47 (Seagrave) and R33 (the MiniRescue).

WOW! This has been a long time coming....they've needed a new engine for a long time....it seems funding for them is always a battle.

Will it be a standard engine, or rescue pumper

Thanks once again to LFD171 for the heads up!

Specs call for a Rescue/Pumper.

Last Lime/Yellow 1981 E-ONE Pumper (E-74) will be retired

Nothings done untill contracts signed, Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Glad to hear. This truly has been a long time coming. My dad was a member there when 74 and 75 were brand new. Best of luck to our neighbors from the north.

Bid has been awarded to Seagrave.

Check your info, FF402

Due Date on opening was extended and New Date is October 7th.

No Official award has been made. ;)