Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Redding CT Police Department - 2009 Crown Victoria "slicktop"

11 posts in this topic

Specialty Warning Systems recently delivered a 2009 Crown Victoria slicktop patrol vehicle, to the Redding CT Police Department.

The audible & visual warning system is all Whelen with a three head Inner Edge in the upper front window, 400 Super LEDs in the CPI speaker housing, four TIR3s (all mounted on the Setina pushbumper) and HideAway LEDs in the front corner light housings. Two dual Dominators, two dual Talons and a dual rear deck Talon are all installed in the rear window with two additional HideAway LEDs in the reverse light housings. Red/blue Super LED Mirror Beams were installed, set on steady burn and are used as cruise lights.

The center console is a Havis Stout Mount with heavy duty locking swing arm which mounts a tilt / swivel adapter and the Panasonic CF30 Toughbook laptop, with dual cup holders and flip up armrest. The console contains the Whelen A6 controller, both department radios and power outlets.

The prisoner partition is a single prisoner model by Setina, with window armor installed on each rear passenger door. The new graphics layout, which incorporates a rear bumper safety chevron, is to be utilized on all subsequent patrol vehicles.

Specialty Warning Systems has enjoyed a long working relationship with the Redding Police Department, providing all their upfitting, service and vehicle conversions and look forward to many cooperative years of working with the Redding PD.

http://www.specialtywarningsystems.com/

post-7323-1252769301.jpg

post-7323-1252769336.jpg

post-7323-1252769366.jpg

post-7323-1252769403.jpg

post-7323-1252769437.jpg

post-7323-1252769498.jpg

post-7323-1252769519.jpg

Edited by Chris192

Sharp looking unit! Good Luck with it!!!

I like the speaker/light combination on the grill....sharp car and nice work as always!

I also didn't know they are making the CVPI with the flexfuel option now.

Wow, sharp looking car! I love the color and lettering scheme. Great lighting package as well.

Seth, i hadnt realized that they made a CV with Flex Fuel option either, interesting.

I happen to like the idea of slick-top patrol vehicles, as long as there is ample 360-degree lighting to keep the officer(s) visible/protected. It gives the officer a better element of surprise in my opinion.

What is the barrier for in the back seat???

Thomas

Very nice. Like the lighting package. What model radios are those that they installed?

What is the barrier for in the back seat???

Thomas

im going to say if they have to put to guys in the back seat they cant get at each other

The partition is a single prisoner model that segregates the prisoner to the passenger side only. Keeps him (or her) away from behind the driver while minimizing the amount of space available to become "active" potentially causing damage to doors, window frame, rear window etc.

Very nice. Like the lighting package. What model radios are those that they installed?

Looks like a Motorola XTL Series and a Motorola CDM1250