Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

North Salem NY Police Department - 2009 Crown Vic patrol vehicle

7 posts in this topic

The North Salem New York Police Department recently accepted delivery of a new 2009 Crown Victoria patrol vehicle.

As with many of the vehicles being converted today, this new NSPD patrol Crown Vic utilizes an entirely LED based warning system. While we expect strobes to maintain a presence in the warning market for some time to come, the benefits of an LED system and the improvements that have taken place in the recent past in LED technology, point clearly to their obvious dominance in the warning industry. 7K360 incorporates a fully loaded Freedom lightbar, two 700 series grille mounted Supers, Mirror Beams and HideAway LED corner lights in the front of the vehicle. A lower rear deck Inner Edge and HideAway LEDs in the brake & reverse light housings provide additional warning to the rear. System control and siren function are by way of a Whelen 295SLSA6 with a single 100 watt speaker behind the grille.

The center console is a Havis Angled Series that contains the A6 controller, department radio, scanner, power outlets and OEM AM/FM radio which required relocation to the console to accommodate the Data911 computer display mounted in the dash. The computer also includes a hand held bar code scanner and thermal printer contained within the flip up armrest.

The prisoner partition is a Setina while the all reflective graphics package matches the rest of the NSPD fleet vehicles.

We would like to extend our appreciation to the North Salem PD for their continual confidence in us to provide all conversions, service and repairs for their entire fleet. We're confident we can meet their requirements, working together, for many years to come and look forward to future projects with them.

Watch for our videos on YouTube........new ones are posted as they're completed

http://www.specialtywarningsystems.com/

post-7323-1252777392.jpg

post-7323-1252777414.jpg

post-7323-1252777434.jpg

post-7323-1252777473.jpg

post-7323-1252777499.jpg

post-7323-1252777541.jpg

Nice another Sharp looking install..weird place for the car stereo..with the grill lights, did you guys have to do any modification to the grill? or can you order the grill with the cut outs?

I dont think they want them listening to the radio while patrolling and what are mirror beams?

SWS, beautiful job as usual! Thats a sharp looking car with plenty of warning power!

Am i mistaken, or is that a "regular" Crown Vic and not a Police Interceptor?

That to me, is the definition of too much light. These new LED packages are too bright and a danger to both the troopers and motorists passing them.

Just cause you can, does not mean you should.

Other than that, it is a sharp car.

It looks like a Street Appearance Package CVPI.

I agree, I haven't seem CVPIs with the chrome strip on the back and cruise control.