Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geppetto

Newburgh fire vehicles struck with bottles, pellets

12 posts in this topic

By Alyssa Sunkin

Times Herald Record

September 21, 2009

NEWBURGH — City police are searching for the people who threw bottles and shot BBs or pellets at Fire Department vehicles Sunday morning.

Firefighters were responding to a call at Liberty and First streets around 2 a.m. when bottles were thrown at Engine No. 1 and BBs or pellets were shot at an assistant chief’s car, said Assistant Chief Gary Ferguson.

Firefighters were responding to a rash of what Ferguson described as “malicious false alarms” early Sunday between First and Third streets along Liberty.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../NEWS/909209990

What are we back to the war years? I hope the PD are heavily involved regarding this issue, and some arrests are made. Be Careful out there!

What are we back to the war years? I hope the PD are heavily involved regarding this issue, and some arrests are made. Be Careful out there!

Newburgh is a War Zone!!!! Welcome to the Zoo!!

Must be celebrating fire prevention week early! Keep Low NBFD members!

Between this and throwing bleach in the cops eyes last week there, I think its time for the state to step up and provide Newburgh with more police funding. I hope all the mutual aid companies that run there get this memo, I don't think a single one of there primary mutual aid truck companies has enclosed cabs.

Between this and throwing bleach in the cops eyes last week there, I think its time for the state to step up and provide Newburgh with more police funding. I hope all the mutual aid companies that run there get this memo, I don't think a single one of there primary mutual aid truck companies has enclosed cabs.

The State Police & Orange County Sheriffs are helping the City of Newburgh Police with patrols in the city

Just curious but why should the State step in to help the City of Newburgh and not Mount Vernon or Yonkers or Utica or Middletown? If the City can't or won't properly police itself why should we all contribute money to their failing efforts? The CITY should increase funding for the PD and, if necessary, hire more officers or redeploy existing officers to high visibility patrol positions.

Are they doing all that they can do?

Note, this is not criticism of the Newburgh police officers on the street but rather of the PD administration and the City management.

The State Police & Orange County Sheriffs are helping the City of Newburgh Police with patrols in the city

This makes sense and is also being done in Mt Vernon and elsewhere to combat crime in specific locations. I support this more than dumping money into municipalities that may or may not do anything meaningful with it.

Now, one could argue that the consolidation and reorganization of police departments throughout the state would free up troopers to augment areas of the state without enough police and reduce the duplication/redundancy that currently exists. But we'll save this part of the discussion for another thread.

I don't think a single one of there primary mutual aid truck companies has enclosed cabs.

Depends on who's in the rotation that week. Both of Vails Gate's are enclosed, as is Cronomer Valley. Coldenham, Cornwall and Cornwall-on-Hudson are still using canopy cabs.

Really a sad situation that emergency service personnel are still having to deal with crap like that in this day and age. Stay safe out there!

Depends on who's in the rotation that week. Both of Vails Gate's are enclosed, as is Cronomer Valley. Coldenham, Cornwall and Cornwall-on-Hudson are still using canopy cabs.

Really a sad situation that emergency service personnel are still having to deal with crap like that in this day and age. Stay safe out there!

We have to deal with it because society has become to liberal and these perps know it.

If any of the Brother's need safety glasses to wear while on Duty PM me, ill bring them up, seriously! Please protect yourselves from these savages!

The only ladder trucks on the rotation currently is Cornwall, Coldenham and Cornwall on Hudson. Unfortunately this is the probably the least of Newburgh's problems right now.

Unfortunitly this is not a local issue, ALL departments should always be aware of the unexpected. Any time & any place