Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest truckiehand

Fall 2009 Westchester Career Academy Class

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone knew who hired for this class and what list number they got up to, or whether they are still mostly residency hires. From what I heard it is a small class, around 10? Also does anyone have any insight as to any upcoming hiring's off of the county list, I am sitting around the low 70's and was just wondering where everything stands now. Thank you in advance for any replies, I am just getting a little crazy because a lot of people keep telling me I should be getting a call soon…for the last 2 years and I haven't even been CPATed or canvassed.

if you are in the low 70's, start studying for the next test! you will never be called in low 70's.

Don't worry Capt. I haven't stopped studying. Just wondering, what do you think is a score that could get you hired without residency off of the county list?

I see the next several years as being difficult to get on in Westchester. The economy is causing a lot of people to defer retirment for the time being. Additionally, everyone is going to want a civil service job in these times so more people will be taking the tests. Competion will be tough, but try as hard as you can, and don't limit yourself to Westchester if you truly want to be a firefighter.

Don't worry Capt. I haven't stopped studying. Just wondering, what do you think is a score that could get you hired without residency off of the county list?

100, 95 or 90 will usually do it......there are no "in between" grades.......it's every 5 points...