Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

United Hospital Site Port Chester N.Y.

9 posts in this topic

Starwood Capitial as owner of the former United Hospital site made its presentation to the village board this week. Five 18 story residential buildings over commercial on ground floors plus at least two lower ( may be 5 storys ) residential only buildings plus many stores and shops and restaurants. All parking is underground. I know what this will call for my fire dept to do based on were we are now but I might as well open the can of worms and see what everone is thinking ? 16 acres of land and a projected 3 to 5 % increase in population for our village. Ok EMT BRAVO lets here from you!

what is Port Chester going to be like new rochelle white plains now i don't think its going to be a bad idea because the fire dept and the police dept going to be starined.

Looks like a win for Portchester. While it will add to you call volumes it won't be as bad as this will be a fairly well off population. I'd look into getting the developer to kick in some cash for any specialty equipment. Maybe a mini-pumper for the parking garages, a bus, training facility. Extra staffing is going to have to come from the bump in the tax base. Luckily this isn't being built in some outlaying area.

Other then the normal Bee-Line route that serves the current United property, what are the mass transportation propsals for this complex?

That section of I-95 and I-287 are obsolete and congested enough.

Is there going to be a rail link, BRT, or more frequent bus service to Rye and/or Port Chester train stations, both of which would need upgrading as well. I don't think either stations are walkable?

Looks like a win for Portchester.

That will not be known until after the project is done and one can determine if its a win or a loss.

While it will add to you call volumes it won't be as bad as this will be a fairly well off population.

NR has Trump and Avalon, both with very well off populations and we are there almost everyday. Avalon's call volume is now #1 location in the city, even its EMS calls have passed the EMS calls to nursing homes.

I'd look into getting the developer to kick in some cash for any specialty equipment. Maybe a mini-pumper for the parking garages, a bus, training facility.

Dont hold your breath, the equipment needed to be purchased will far exceed what developers have traditionally given.

Extra staffing is going to have to come from the bump in the tax base. Luckily this isn't being built in some outlaying area.

This assumes that 1) there will be a bumb (NR has yet to see one) and 2) the administration is willing to spend it on the FD

Yes there is a BRT and rail link but is across the street at the Kohls site with a foot bridge across the post road.

I know the timing wasn't great, a few hours after I posted this we suffered a blow with the loss of one of our own brothers in Yonkers but it is good to see some responces and to think of something else for while, but never forget.

I know the timing wasn't great, a few hours after I posted this we suffered a blow with the loss of one of our own brothers in Yonkers but it is good to see some responces and to think of something else for while, but never forget.

Well said. We will never forget

Hmmm. Interesting... Seems like a good idea, but true i feel it will stress a little more on PCFD and the PD. I also believe it will be nice to see the developer finally do something with the property I remember back when it was actually a hospital. Very good topic, is there any press release or news articles on this yet.

Edited by Graham26