Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

6 posts in this topic

Got this email today from the ATF's subscription list. Philly is kinda far to travel for a test, hopefully they will open up another in Boston or NY.

Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)

SALARY RANGE: 33,333.00 - 42,314.00 USD /year Salary range does not include 25% LEAP or locality pay.

OPEN PERIOD: Friday, October 09, 2009 to Monday, October 19, 2009

SERIES & GRADE: GL-1811-5/9

POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Excepted Service Appointment

PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13

DUTY LOCATIONS: vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: Many vacancies - Throughout The Nation

JOB SUMMARY:

Marketing Statement:

ATF is looking for energetic, innovative, solution-oriented professionals to help the ATF team succeed in our responsibilities to reduce violent crime and protect the public. ATF is currently accepting applications for the entry level (grade 5, 7 and 9) special agent position. Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass the ATF Special Agent Exam and the Special Agent Applicant Assessment Test. Testing opportunities will be available at the following locations:

Atlanta, GA Baton Rouge, LA Charlotte, NC Columbus, OH Dallas, TX

Denver, CO Kansas City, MO Loss Angeles, CA Philadelphia, PA

San Francisco, CA Seattle, WA St. Paul, MN

These are the only test locations under this announcement. ATF does not pay for travel expenses.

USAJobs Posting: Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) BAFTE

I would love to work in a LE agency such as ATF or the DEA, but man, those salaries are a turn-off. For all that you have to do to get on and for all that they are responsible for, thats a crappy pay scale (imo). But i suppose if its something you truly want to persue, then the salary shouldnt deter you.

Call me when there are openings in Florida where I will be retiring to in a few years....

You can actually receive up to 25% more of your pay depending on where you are assigned. For example, up this way in CT is where federal agents receive a 25% bonus due to Cost of Living, etc.

Those salaries mentioned do not include locality pay and LEAP Pay (Law Enforcement Availability Pay), which is a required OT in that you work a 10-hour day. In your first year, depending on where you are stationed, you could be clearing as much as 70k or better.

It's a great job,but when you graduate from the academy in Savannah,GA they put you anywhere but next to home. My brother spent 3 yrs in Kansas City, Kansas when wife and kid lived on the Island. Now he is in charge of Long Island office. A down fall if you call it that they make you retire at 59 or 59.5 y/o No matter how much time you have. Good luck for whoever takes the test. The Application is looooooooong.