Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
americanpolice

Westchester County Part-Time Deputy Sheriff Recruitment Fall 2009

8 posts in this topic

The Westchester County Department of Public Safety Emergency Force (PSEF) is looking for HIGHLY QUALIFIED recruits to join its organization as a Part-Time Deputy Sheriff. The position is a volunteer role. Recruits attend the Westchester County Police Academy's Peace Officer class and have such status and powers while on duty. The PSEF assists the County Police and local police at special events, DWI checkpoints, and other high visibility details. Recruits will go through the same police background check used by the County Police. On average, only 1 in 10 applicants pass.

This is a rewarding position for those interested in a part-time role in law enforcement or those looking for a stepping stone into Full-Time positions. Additional information can be found at http://publicsafety.westchestergov.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=2056

To attend a recruitment meeting or receive an application, call 914-864-7714 or email: psef@westchestergov.com

ONLY HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS NEED APPLY.

Say you work a full time job, 7-330. How could you incorporate this into your schedule?

Edited by Hess1075

It's Volunteer and there are some night time classes at the academy for the PSEF positions

<snip>

Recruits will go through the same police background check used by the County Police. On average, only 1 in 10 applicants pass.

I actually looked into this a couple of years ago, but decided I had enough on my plate - do 90% of applicants really fail the background check???

Its too bad you have to live/work in Westchester, I would be totally interested in this.

- If you live or work in Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess or Orange, you may be considered. Call or email the PSEF for more information.

- Training is held in the evening for new recruits.

- Most applicants fail the pysch test or background check. Some recruits don't make it through the first month or two.

With a history dating back to 1917, the force has always recruited the most dedicated individuals- some of whom now serve as County and local Police Officers.

You need to be committed to this position. Slackers need not apply.

I live in Fairfield County, about 30 seconds from the Putnam border. I sent them an email to find out if maybe they will take me anyway. Fingers crossed.

Edited by SageVigiles