Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo 3.0 Info & Upgrade Status Thread

43 posts in this topic

Members,

Over the next few weeks, we will be completly upgrading EMTBravo.com and EMTBravo.net* software and code, to "EMTBravo 3.0"

We're not sure of the exact timeframe of when the transition will happen, but it will happen soon. I will try to keep you as up to date as possible via this thread as to what us happening and when. Ideally, there will be very minimal downtime during the process, but as with any renovation, we ask for your patience while we are working on the site. We expect it to take several weeks to get everything installed and working right and to work out all the bugs. When the site is first launched, there may be some features temporarily unavailbe, and EMTBravo may have a temporary look. We also will be available to assist members in using the new software, as well as training staff in the use of the new software.

There will be some major changes to the site. This software will greatlly improve EMTBravo in many ways, and have a lot of new features that will be very useful and enjoyable for our membership. EMTBravo.com and the EMTBravo.net forums will still retain all the popular eatures currently available, but with great enhancement. For a new feature example, the EMTBravo.net forums will be easy to access from your mobile phone. EMTBravo will also be able to intergrate into your Facebook aacount, and if you use Twitter, you'll be able to get Incident Alerts sent to your phone. This is amongst many, many other brand new features. The site will also be easier to use for all.

In order to make full use of the new site, please make sure, whatever internet browser you are using, that you are using the latest, most up to date version of that browser. This will ensure that you are able to use EMTBravo 3.0. We strongly reccomend using IE 8+ or the latest version of Firefox to view this site.

This comes at a cost. EMTBravo is heavily customized, and due to the large scale of the project, I have had to hire some special outside help to assist me.I will also have to take some days off of work in order to make sure the transition goes smoothly and to assist any member with using the new site. This is somewhat expensive, and I am appealing to the membership to help financially. Any amount is greatly appreciated. We run on a tight budget that pays for the montly operating costs with advertisers and some loyal members who reguarly donate, but we cannot afford to do this upgrade project without some additional fianancial help from more of our members.

To donate, click on the link below to access our Donation Portal:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?autocom=donate

We will keep you up to date on the upgrade via this thread.

I thank you for your anticipated cooperation and patience during this exciting next step for EMTBravo.

-Seth G.,Founder & EMTBravo Director Of Development

*EMTBravo.net refers to these forums, EMTBravo.com refers to the portal page

Thanks to some very generous members, looks like this upgrade may start tonight.

Seth,

Email me the info to send a check via USPS. As you may remember, I don't do paypal, as my ID was stolen through them a few years ago. In case you don't have it, its jvcoppola@sbcglobal.net.

The forum is in the process of being upgraded. You may encounter some error messages or not be able to access the forum intermitently during the evening.

Any reason that the topics with recent activity are no longer at the top of the forum? That kind of seems like a bad idea.

Any reason that the topics with recent activity are no longer at the top of the forum? That kind of seems like a bad idea.

The forum is in the process of being upgraded. You may encounter some error messages or not be able to access the forum intermitently during the evening.

As you can see, the upgrade is in progress. Please post here your thoughts, questions, concerns, and especially any bug reports. This upgrade will take several more weeks of work to complete, but will always be a work in progress like the last version of our forum.

Thanks!

-Seth

As you can see, the upgrade is in progress. Please post here your thoughts, questions, concerns, and especially any bug reports. This upgrade will take several more weeks of work to complete, but will always be a work in progress like the last version of our forum.

Thanks!

-Seth

I like it, I'm sure there is more to come...

I like the new changes so far, It will take some time to get to know everything but I like it. ;)

Looks great, of course it will take a bit for me to get used to but so far so good from my side of it all. Thanks for everything!

Looks great, of course it will take a bit for me to get used to but so far so good from my side of it all. Thanks for everything!

This post is showing up as 2 pages of blank space under the text. Additionally, when I mouse over the reply or quote buttons they dissappear. If I click where one used to be, it works and when I move the mouse they reappear. I am using I am using IE 7.0.5730.11 .

This post is showing up as 2 pages of blank space under the text. Additionally, when I mouse over the reply or quote buttons they dissappear. If I click where one used to be, it works and when I move the mouse they reappear. I am using I am using IE 7.0.5730.11 .

This issue should now be resolved. Please advise if it is.

Just my .02, but I liked it when you clicked on a topic and it took you to the first posting. Now when I click it takes me to the most recent, and I have to scroll back to the beginning. Is this something that I can change within my preferences, or is this something within the new programming?

Are there any plans to list the topics in the forum back to the way they were with most recent replies at the top of the list and allowing the older ones with no discussion to fall off to the bottom ?

Just my .02, but I liked it when you clicked on a topic and it took you to the first posting. Now when I click it takes me to the most recent, and I have to scroll back to the beginning. Is this something that I can change within my preferences, or is this something within the new programming?

Is this in regards to the "Recent Posts" list on the top of main screen?

Are there any plans to list the topics in the forum back to the way they were with most recent replies at the top of the list and allowing the older ones with no discussion to fall off to the bottom ?

This may have to do with your personal settings on how you wish to view the topics, but I'll double check. Anyone else having this issue?

Seth, Brings me to the bottom/newest post and last page too. What bout the white background, can you make it a lil darker or Blue..... and I noticed there is no more "quote box"..... other than that looks good...

Edited by EFFD4091-MLSS emt

From what I have seen so far I think it looks great keep up the excellent work

Looking good Seth. Similar program to what Firepics.net is using? I am on my mobile device (Crackberry) and when I first logged in it took me to the oldest post/first page. Now it brings me to the first unread post within the thread. I also can see the quote boxes. So I guess that means everything is working the way it should. Firepics.net had a lot of the sane issues when it switched to its new system. Once any bugs are worked out I'm sure everyone will love it. Keep up the great work.

Seth, Brings me to the bottom/newest post and last page too. What bout the white background, can you make it a lil darker or Blue..... and I noticed there is no more "quote box"..... other than that looks good...

I am still working on fine tuning the color scheme, and adding some more skins for those who like different skins.

When you say "Quote Box", do you mean replying to a post? If so, if you hit the "Reply" button in the post it will automatically quoate, instead of just "Add Reply" at the top of the screen.

BTW, thanks guys for all the positive feedback, much appreciated and glad to see members enjoying it....please let me know of any bugs, issues, or differences on this thread so I can keep track.

There is still a lot of work underway, and I hope to roll out more new features as time allows.

BTW, thanks guys for all the positive feedback, much appreciated and glad to see members enjoying it....please let me know of any bugs, issues, or differences on this thread so I can keep track.

There is still a lot of work underway, and I hope to roll out more new features as time allows.

I was trying to reply to some other topics and an error message kept on appearing, at one point it said you can't reply to something locked but the post was from tonight

The layout looks good....The changes will take some getting used to, but it looks worth it. Nice job Seth

This issue should now be resolved. Please advise if it is.

That issues appears to be addressed. Looks good.

However, now the icon below your and Chris192's avatar, and above the add as a friend and PM buttons is showing up as a broken image.

Also, I cannot apprently edit the above nessage to delete the extra "s".

Not to be a post whore or anything, but I dont like the fact that the links in the recent threads list on the opening page take you to the most recent post int he thread, rather than the beginning of the thread. Can we get some means to go to the beginning of a thread, or the first unread post in a thread?

Seems to be OK now.........

I like the new site, very nice, would you think about a mobile site app?

Acknowledging all problems and concerns addressed above, I am looking into them and hope to provide a fix or answer as soon as I can. Please be advised EMTBravo.net is a VERY customized forum on many different levels, and it will take several weeks to re-install those custimizations into the new software.

I like the new site, very nice, would you think about a mobile site app?

This site should load much easier on a mobile device. However, a mobile app is in the works.

One other thing i noticed, is the banner advertising teh advertising possibilities seems to show up when not logged in, but I get a red x when I am logged in.