Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo 3.0 Info & Upgrade Status Thread

43 posts in this topic

I am still working on fine tuning the color scheme, and adding some more skins for those who like different skins.

When you say "Quote Box", do you mean replying to a post? If so, if you hit the "Reply" button in the post it will automatically quoate, instead of just "Add Reply" at the top of the screen.

Awesome, no the quote box thats in a reply (like above) wasnt showing up but it is there now..... it was just HTML text I believe... I looked at my profile 2day and noticed that some of the text didnt line up within a box, "personal info" was spaced out too far, same as "My Settings · View New Content · Manage Friends · 0 New Messages" above is lower than the light blue... and anything on it bringing you to the top/start of the thread verses the most recent/bottom post?

I like it. As was mentioned by another member, it looks just like Firepics now, but with different colors.

Somebody mentioned issues with the quote box not appearing. That "may" have something to do with what browser you are using as well. When I view Firepics using Safari (have a Mac), everything's all one big convoluted mess. You can't easily distinguish the profile info from a quote from the body of the post. I'm now using a browser called Opera and everything looks great. Nice and organized, easy to read.

The only "bug" I've noticed is that the forum jump function doesn't work on it's own. You actually have to click the "Go" button. That's just a minor peeve that I'll get used to soon enough. It's the board software itself, I think, more than an actual glitch.

Edited by AndyC3J

As was mentioned by another member, it looks just like Firepics now, but with different colors.

It won't for long-as I have time I will be customizing the master template to be more in line with the EMTBravo color scheme and to be more unique. I am also working to add more skin choices for members.

Looking good Seth. Similar program to what Firepics.net is using?

Thanks. Same basic software platform, however EMTBravo is more customized and has a lot more added features that our members expect. I handle most of the bugs in house too, however due to time constraints I had to contract out for someone to write some custom code.

Like anything new, it will take some getting used to, but I like it and as the enhancements are made to it it will be even better and a lot better than the old software.Great job, Seth!!

Is there a time out for howlong we can edit our posts? Posts I made yesterday no longer have the "Edit" button, but posts I make today do.

Is there a time out for howlong we can edit our posts? Posts I made yesterday no longer have the "Edit" button, but posts I make today do.

This time window was established to prevent confusion and a loss of continuity when posts were edited long after they were posted. Editing in many cases caused subsequent messages to lose their meaning or relevance.

Is there a "View new Posts" button/option?

On your Forum's Home Page there is a Recent Topics option which you can expand or collapse by clicking the + or - icon in the header bar. Clicking on the topic title here takes you to to the bottom (newest) post. You can scroll up to see older posts, or if you want to view the whole topic from the start, just go the the forum the topic is located in and open it from there.

This time window was established to prevent confusion and a loss of continuity when posts were edited long after they were posted. Editing in many cases caused subsequent messages to lose their meaning or relevance.

I totally understand the reasoning behind it, and agree that it can lead to confusion further into the thread. That is why I quote the message that I am replying to. It just seems like an awfully short window for me to edit my posts. In fact, editing isnt working at all on my end at the moment. On top of that, one can apparently delete one's posts long after the window for editing has expired.

Is the text smaller in the posts or is it just me?

Just my .02, but I liked it when you clicked on a topic and it took you to the first posting. Now when I click it takes me to the most recent, and I have to scroll back to the beginning. Is this something that I can change within my preferences, or is this something within the new programming?

This issue should now be corrected.

Great site Seth, looking forwrd to the upgrades.

Ned.

The Incident Alert template system should be working again. Don't forget to use/follow the template when posting an Incident Alert.