Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD23

Signal 10.... 2/19/05

23 posts in this topic

How Bout the fact 60 control puts out a signal 10 at about 19:30 hrs tonight.....

and several departments or agencies just choose to put out nightly pager tests regardless....

I honestly thing this is ridiculous, listen to your radios and know what's going on, your test may step on someone else's emergency transmission and this is just unacceptable

I heard 60 sternly say that a 10-10 was still in effect when the nightly tests went out. Kinda shows a little disrespect to put out a test when theres a strong possibility that some one might need to use the frequency for much more important reasons. Nightly tests can be delayed, a mayday cant.

The major problem is EVERYONE has their own base, and we all know most Police Departments don't monitor the fire radio unless they have a call going on.

ONE CENTRAL DISPATCH CENTER!!!!!

That may be the case in all, but they should have to listen.. or some kind of action should be taken to prevent these incidents....

A Signal 10-10 Should Be Followed and all Pager Tests Should Not Be Transmitted During The Signal 10-10 Because It May Endanger The Life Of A Fellow FireFighter Or Person They Are Trying To Save From Danger. To All Fire Department's Please Follow The Signal 10-10 Guidelines To Ensure Safety Of All FireFighters and Civilons.

y is the 10-10 in effect what is the incident that is goin on?

I still can't believe after all these years they still can't fix this situation. The thousands of calls the 60 control handles a year is enough to worry about. Now put in the fact that everybody else is doing what ever they want is just incredible. Why?

A 10-10 is effect and these "base station" are putting there tests out. Who has control??? Where is the Commissionor? I sit hear and have been reading these posts for a few months and I can't over how no one has gone "postal" on anybody. Not a Chief, not a dispatcher at 60 control.

Some of it can be easily fixed. How about before a department does their weekly test they call 60 control to make sure the air is clear.That would rectify alot.

y is the 10-10 in effect what is the incident that is goin on?

Peekskill had a working structure fire with a bunch of mutual aid.

To add to my original post, I dont recall Pelham Manor putting out their nightly pager test during this Signal 10-10. Now, that may seem trivial compared to the amount of departments that DID transmit their nightly pager tests, however Pelham Manor is about as far away from Peekskill as you can get and even they got the message.

(If Pelham Manor did put out their test, then i am mistaken and this particular respnse should be ignored)

now that you mention it, no. Pelham Manor puts out their nightly test on 33.96 however i still do not recall hearing it. And since 33.96 is listed as the "station alert" frequency for 60 control, i would think that the same should apply to it as applies to 46.26 during a signal 10-10

Gotcha.

Like they say around the holidays...

It's the thought that counts. Thanks PMFD!! =D>

All dept's should also have a fireground chanel to go to, which would help that incident .

Centralize fire dispatch. 60 CONTROL =D>

All dept's should also have a fireground chanel to go to, which would help that incident . 

Centralize fire dispatch.  60 CONTROL =D>

NOT!!!!!!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

GOD FORBID!

Centralize fire dispatch.  60 CONTROL =D>

NOT!!!!!!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

GOD FORBID!

I'm just curious, why do you make such a comment? Please explain why you think a Countywide Centralized/Standardized Dispatch would HARM this county????

I think he means... God forbid something good happens

it could only benefit this county and your department if every FD was dispated by 60 thier more professional, they dont step on other dispatchers and they answer there units, plus they have a great technology system that can benefit your department. Also anytime a department needs mutual aid in this county they go through 60 so might as well just go through 60 from the begining. ALSO LAST BUT NOT LEAST THEY DONT CHECK AND ADVISE K!!!

squadco - the only problem with that is the PD's still have to transfer the 911 calls!

Do they know what a "10-10" is? =D>

You have a lot of agencies on 46.26 such as Fire, EMS, and Police.

Still a few departments left that are dispached by local PD.

I say this because I asked a cop and I was told "yeah, that's a

burglar alarm" I had to laugh because the guy honestly had no idea that on 46.26 a "10-10" meant SHUT UP!

Having multiple agencies on one channel all using various 10-codes for FD, PD, EMS that is what happens.

Think about it..... How many Police Departments in Westchester use 46.26 at times. Quite a few.... I would bet every PD has a different code for "10-10" and now they have to know the Fire codes too?

CENTRAL FIRE & EMS DISPATCH FOR THE COUNTY

Im pretty sure most PD's turn off 46.26 unless they need to use it. Therefore most PD's have no idea a 10-10 was transmitted, let alone what a 10-10 means.

Im pretty sure most PD's turn off 46.26 unless they need to use it. Therefore most PD's have no idea a 10-10 was transmitted, let alone what a 10-10 means.

Just another reason to centralize fire and ems dispatch. One day someone is going to get hurt or not get help in time because of poor commuinications. Then they will change the way things are run.

Even though there are various base stations--which is fine--Here in Putnam--we are required to contact the control center(P911) to get permission before we hit tones --and remember we have a dedicated channel for just dispatch-units respond on another freq. I don't think it would be too difficult to ask county dept's to contact 60 before paging out a test or announcement. And on that topic--some of the announcements are just plain out ridiculas--shouldn't even go out over the air.

Just my opinion not meant to ruffle any feathers.

its good to see we all agree on the centralized dispatching. i just wish people in higher positions would realize this too.