Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

6 Years Of EMTBravo.net (Forums)

8 posts in this topic

Members,

This past Friday marked the 6th year that EMTBravo.net (Forums) has been online. EMTBravo.com, which is what these forums were born from, will celebrate it's 7th year this upcoming January. (The name, "EMTBravo", orginated from my AOL screen name which I had for years).

The idea for a forums portion of the site sparked from the very succesful "News" section of EMTBravo.com, in which people sent me news and photos and I posted on, what at the time was my personal small website (this is WAY before Facebook, etc even existed). From my apartment in Boston while attending Paramedic school at Northeastern University, the idea sparked and I pulled an all-nighter to get the forum going. It was meant to create an online community where those and those with an interest in the emergency services community could come together and communicate. And every day I log on, I am amazed that the forum keeps growing. We also have other EMTBravo forums, EMTBravoWest.com (LA, Phoenix, San Francisco, etc), and EMTBravoNewEngland.com

In the most recent years, we've had some tremendous accomplishments. We moved onto our own dedicated server. I have been honored to have THE best forum staff I've ever had, who have made continuing to run this forum possible. And most recently, we've begun our upgrade to "EMTBravo 3.0", which will take this site to the next level. We're also planning to intergrate an Upstate section into this forum soon.

Of course, there's been negativity and conterversy on and about this site over the years, but the good FAR outweighs the bad. There have been members who wish to cause trouble or spread rumors or don't accept modern social media, but I believe that we have been on the forefront of trying to keep this site positive and on the right path. Before this site, nothing like this existed for the emergency services communinities in the areas we served. A lot of valuable information has been spread on these forum, friendshsips forged and reignited, and all the other benefits a website such as this provides.We will continue to spearhead a new path and become an even better resource for our members, using our member's knowledge and feedback as our fuel.

I'd like to thank all the dedicated members of this site, who post, contribute,and read the site and make it what it is. Many have been with us since day 1. I'd also like to thank those that generously donate funds or advertise on the site, so I am able to afford to pay for these forum. And I'm especially thankful for the staff team who volunteer countless hours of their time each day ti take care of the day to day operation of the site, taking a huge burden off my shoulders so I can concentrate on administrative, IT, and development stuff.

Once again, THANK YOU to all the members and staff that make this site possible for the past 6 years, and I look foward to what is looking to be one of the most exciting years yet for EMTBravo members!!

-Seth C. Granville AKA "EMTBravo" aka "x635"

Founder, CEO, Director Of Development

The EMTBravo Group

Round Rock, TX

Happy 6th anniversary EMTBRAVO.NET!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Seth! You've done one HELL of a good job here!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!

HAPPY 6TH YEAR EMTBRAVO!

Seth, you should be very very proud!!!

I know this "personal small website" you once started 6 years ago has become HUGE!

I remember the night it started. I am glad to be a part of it.

I know EMTBravo takes up a lot of time and your own personal money.

Just want to say THANK YOU!

:D

Time sure flies!

I remember when you started it up back in the day. In fact Joyce was the one who told ME about it!

She even joined before me, LOL!!!

The site has grown considerably, in many more ways than one could have imagined, back then.

Congratulations!!!

THANK YOU Seth and staff!

I know many people that would be lost without this site. I remember once you shut it down for an hour and people freaked out. It's also noteable that when major events happens, that people immediately think EMTBravo.You guys do a great job! And not many websites can say they have almost the same webteam they had from the start!

Here's to 6 and many more!!

Geez, 6 years already... Wow, I remember hearing about this site, all from word of mouth... Now look at it... From 1,000 members to over 10,000 members... WOW. Congratulations to seth, and all the members of EMTbravo, for making this site what it is today....

Here's to another 6 years for EMTbravo.net...

Seth, congratulations on the anniversary of the forums. I am proud to be a part of something so useful and thankful you asked me to be part of it. I hope I have been able to contribute something useful to some of the conversation, sometimes showing a West Coast perspective on things. Here's to many more years of EMTBravo and it's associated forums...

Congratulations Seth and the EMTBravo Empire on 6 years of "Knowledge Helping Others". I am very proud to have been appointed a forum moderator and I pledge to continue to help make this site a positive and successful informational resource for area emergency services workers.

Joe