Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fdnyladder10

NYPD ESS 1 REP's

11 posts in this topic

Does ESS 1 run with three or four REP's as well as their truck??

JT

Does ESS 1 run with three or four REP's as well as their truck??

JT

I believe that it's usually two but there may be additional ESU resources assigned to the same response area (HAMR, Hercules, A-Team, etc.). Of course last night there were probably four given the holiday and crowds.

What does an NYPD ESU A-Team do? If I remember correctly HAMR is for transit security and Hercules is counter-terrorism, what are the A teams?

What does an NYPD ESU A-Team do? If I remember correctly HAMR is for transit security and Hercules is counter-terrorism, what are the A teams?

They are a crack commando unit was sent to prison by court for a crime they did not commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the New York City underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

helicopper likes this

They are a crack commando unit was sent to prison by court for a crime they did not commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the New York City underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Priceless

Alright, I guess I walked into that one... Should have expected somebody to say that. Touche good sir, touche. Now, can somebody tell me what an NYPD A-Team is?

Answer to both questions: The A team is a group within ESU that proactices more regularly on entry and sniper type training. They are often used when Narcotics and other investigative units are serving warrants or making arrests of high threat locations or people. They will be deployed on "special call" basis for hostage situations and violent barricad jobs. While all members of ESU are trained during their "School" in these areas. The A team has the opportunity to do it more.

The REP question depends on the staffing levels for the day and tour. Some days or tours you will have multiple REPs on the street. Some you won't. The truck has run with driver only when they have odd staffing or are running short on peticular days. But you are correct. There will be additional units on for special events.

Hope this helped.

Thank you for that! :lol:

Answer to both questions: The A team is a group within ESU that proactices more regularly on entry and sniper type training. They are often used when Narcotics and other investigative units are serving warrants or making arrests of high threat locations or people. They will be deployed on "special call" basis for hostage situations and violent barricad jobs. While all members of ESU are trained during their "School" in these areas. The A team has the opportunity to do it more.

The REP question depends on the staffing levels for the day and tour. Some days or tours you will have multiple REPs on the street. Some you won't. The truck has run with driver only when they have odd staffing or are running short on peticular days. But you are correct. There will be additional units on for special events.

Hope this helped.

The "A-team" is short for Apprehension Team and will work work with special units for scheduled warrant executions so as not to tie up street units on these details. It also affords them the time to plan for the warrant executions and to train, train, train as noted above.

The HAMR teams are the haz-mat response teams who go on all the white powder jobs and other such things.

The Hercules patrols are the counter-terrorism details that pop up randomly for both counter-surveillance and deterrence.

now thats funny i dont care what anyone says thats funny right there

Edited by tjdeputy

As Chris192 said, it's the Apprehension Team. They are a full time warrant service squad. Guys (and gals) from the Trucks all serve stints in the A-Team... I believe it is a 6 month stint before you are sent back to your Truck and they fly in a new squad of A-Team members. Narcotics (OCCB) does their own warrant service. The only time they request ESU for a warrant is if there is a high likelihood of encountering an armed adversary.