Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfxfd

Irvington: New engine 177 goes into service

15 posts in this topic

Congrat's Irvington!

Nice looking Engine.

Nice looking rig.... maybe we can see pictures of the compartments one day.... and no hose will fall off that..

Engine 177 serves many purposes for the Village of Irvington, responses include; car accidents/extrication, car fires, brush fires, hazardous materials calls, wires down, carbon monoxide and gas leaks.

Hmm....something is missing from the list of incidents they will respond too...........

All kiddin' aside, best of luck with the new pumper.

Good luck with the long, long overdue engine guys.

Congrats and best of luck with the new rig! Look forward to seeing it in action.

great looking engine....good luck with it

nice stealie behind the officer and driver doors...

How much did this Engine replacement cost with the lost of funds from the first mess [ not F.D. fault] total $$$ ? also good luck with new rig.

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Congrats Irvington, great looking rig! Can't wait to see it on the street. Best of luck with it!!!

Link to 4guys page about the rig

http://www.4guysfire.com/irvington.asp

Again, I love the grateful dead logos on the rig, why did they choose to incorporate these into the design?

Grateful Dead logos are also on Port Chester Tower Ladder 2 ,They have been there for 38 years when they where givin to us by the band after they went for a ride on the old Tower Ladder when they played the Capitol in 1972 down the street from HQ. Watch out for licencing infriction.

Grateful Dead logos are also on Port Chester Tower Ladder 2 ,They have been there for 38 years when they where givin to us by the band after they went for a ride on the old Tower Ladder when they played the Capitol in 1972 down the street from HQ.

I didn't know that... I have bootlegs of those shows and they were some good ones. "Hell In A Bucket" wasn't written till about 15 years later, so maybe PCFD was partial inspiration?

FDNY Engine 240 used to have t-shirts with the "Steal Your Face" logo in the maltese cross also, using the GD song title "Help On The Way" as the motto on the shirt...

I know some departments have gotten explicit permission for using certain logos on rigs (Warner Bros. comes to mind)... but I would hope that any entertainment company or band would not mind a fire department using their logos. It's basically free advertising anyway.

I didn't know that... I have bootlegs of those shows and they were some good ones. "Hell In A Bucket" wasn't written till about 15 years later, so maybe PCFD was partial inspiration?

FDNY Engine 240 used to have t-shirts with the "Steal Your Face" logo in the maltese cross also, using the GD song title "Help On The Way" as the motto on the shirt...

I know some departments have gotten explicit permission for using certain logos on rigs (Warner Bros. comes to mind)... but I would hope that any entertainment company or band would not mind a fire department using their logos. It's basically free advertising anyway.

You are right about " Hell in Bucket," remember Tower Ladders and Buckets where brand new at that time and they never saw one before . That saying has meaning on that rig.