Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rengaw87

Paramedic Wedding...

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this or not, but my fiance and I are getting married in August. We are both paramedics and I am trying to think of a way to incorporate this into the wedding in kind of a quirky or "non-obvious" way. I definitely do not want it to become a theme of the wedding. I was thinking more along the lines of something my friend did, where everyone in the wedding party wore converse sneakers. Any unique ideas? Thanks for any help...

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this or not, but my fiance and I are getting married in August. We are both paramedics and I am trying to think of a way to incorporate this into the wedding in kind of a quirky or "non-obvious" way. I definitely do not want it to become a theme of the wedding. I was thinking more along the lines of something my friend did, where everyone in the wedding party wore converse sneakers. Any unique ideas? Thanks for any help...

Try making it last! :D:blink: That would be different than most paramedics marriages that I know.

Sorry could help myself, congratulations!

http://www.jwcaketops.com/wedfigurines/Occupationsuniforms/emt.htm

This is a really cute wedding cake topper where the bride and groom both have scopes and EMT bags with them. (they also have Police, Fire, etc...)

In my next life I will be a wedding planner, not a drug and alcohol educator!!

I agree about the wedding cake topper. I had one custom made by a woman in California. Had to e-mail the woman a photo of my helmet & turnout gear and my wifes wedding dress. She custom made it to match both of us. She did an incredible job as you can see. If you need her info, let me know, I may still have it somewhere !

DSC_1272.jpg

DSC_1274.jpg

DSC_1275.jpg

DSC_1276.jpg

I guess having a hot wheels ambulance on the cake, or driving out in a bus is out of the question??

I don't have any good ideas but wanted to say congratulations on getting married. May you both have a very happy and healthy life together!

I say when your wedding party lines up and you are about to come out at the reception, instead of holding up the bouquets they should make a tunnel of medium board splints. :) (Too cheesy? :P)

arrive light and sirens in an ambulance or fly car instead of renting a limo...this could save you some $$$ too!!

definitely arrive lights and sirens in your favorite rig. as well as decorate the ambulance with "just married." im sure you can get permission for your big day.

definitely arrive lights and sirens in your favorite rig. as well as decorate the ambulance with "just married." im sure you can get permission for your big day.

Mike, I think he said "non-obvious," not Biggest Buff Wedding of 2010. haha.

Edited by gpdexplorer

She ;) and we are considering leaving the reception in an ambulance if we can get our boss to agree to it

Hello,

I'm a paramedic, my wife is a ER nurse. I didn't want anything to do with the goofy EMS stuff. The day is complicated enough.

Jello shots out of the fake plastic syringes...more for the after party though

I'm a paramedic, my wife is a ER nurse. I didn't want anything to do with the goofy EMS stuff. The day is complicated enough.

Yeah, I agree!

Why not just have some sort of favors made up having to do with your careers.

Do you want to look back on these photos years from now, maybe not even being in the same profession? Remember it is a day to remem :blink: ber!

My fiancee and I are both Paramedics as well and we were curious about the same thing. We're getting married in October and are trying to come up with some SUBTLE ideas. We liked the cake topper. We've found a few other things too. But any ideas that are not outlandishly crazy would be nice. We can't use one of the busses because we work for a government owned 911 service. OUT OF THE QUESTION. LOL.

My wife had a grooms cake made which was cut right after the wedding cake and a different flavor. It was a perfect copy of Millwood's Maltese cross. The 5 or so guys from the FD and I took a pic with it and it was over. 5 min max. Totally didn't buff the wedding, but my wife included a major partn of my life in an easy way

I like the wedding favor/centerpiece idea. Simple yet doesn't get too cheesy. The cake topper is always a nice touch as well.

Any word on what the OP ended up doing for their wedding?

Why don't you get a bunch of O2 tanks ( empty) and do an O2 salute when you and your wife walk into the reception area, and they all have scopes around there necks ( wedding party).. And the wedding cake toppers isn't a bad idea too....

You can were your uniform boots like your friend did with the sneakers. Or you and your bride can were your EMS pants or your duty belts if you use one.