Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M' Ave

Merit Matters - Please Read

9 posts in this topic

Please review this site and join if you so wish!

http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/

This is a very serious issue. The standards that define our job are in serious peril. We're going to see the degradation of our profession in the hands of left leaning politicians who would rather hand this job out to anyone to achieve a racial balance instead of putting in the time to educate and better everyone. STAND-UP!

Edited by M' Ave
fjp326, abaduck and efdcapt115 like this

Looks good to me! Equal Rights for all without lowering standards.

M' Ave likes this

Please review this site and join if you so wish!

http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/

This is a very serious issue. The standards that define our job are in serious peril. We're going to see the degradation of our profession in the hands of left leaning politicians who would rather hand this job out to anyone to achieve a racial balance instead of putting in the time to educate and better everyone. STAND-UP!

If this continues the whole notion of promotional "exams" may be thrown out in favor of quotas not based on performance or merit but simply race.

Not a good sign especially since the Obama administration is leading the charge...

At a recent meeting for Merit Matters 2 candidates from list #6019 FDNY were present and they are looking for others who may be on the list and who WILL be denied the chance to become a FDNY firefighter because of the Judge's decision to go with the illegal Quota system for the hiring of firefighters.If you or anyone you know are presently on the list let them know about MERIT MATTERS. List #6019 members are organizing to fight the fight! Support them as well as MERIT MATTERS by going to the site and sign the petition.

At a recent meeting for Merit Matters 2 candidates from list #6019 FDNY were present and they are looking for others who may be on the list and who WILL be denied the chance to become a FDNY firefighter because of the Judge's decision to go with the illegal Quota system for the hiring of firefighters.If you or anyone you know are presently on the list let them know about MERIT MATTERS. List #6019 members are organizing to fight the fight! Support them as well as MERIT MATTERS by going to the site and sign the petition.

One of the worst aspect of these guys getting passed over, is many of them are veterans of the wars, are close to the age cut off, and if they don't get on this time, it's history.

Disgraceful....truly.

This is what happens when the government has a social agenda. "Qualifications" in the traditional sense of the word, especially as they relate to a particular field, become nothing more than the ends the agenda seeks to accomplish. Personally, I couldn't care any less what color the guy is who drags my behind out of my house after I have become incapacitated in a fire. What I do care about is whether he can get me out of the house safely. Watered down qualifications kill people, plain and simple.

The real shame of it all is that this would have been the most diverse class ever in the academy! Amazing.

its time for the self-serving politicians to go before they ruin this country for good!