Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Bates450

Badge Question

9 posts in this topic

Hello.

Im from Florida. I'm in the military. I'm also part of a volunteer fire company. I was wondering can I get my own VFF badge without having to worry about the laws and what not ? I'll really appreciate the input.

Thanks.

Why do you need a badge? If you are part of a department, they should have provided you with a badge. If they did not, then there must be a reason why they do not issue badges. Another thing to remember, you should not be carrying a badge that is not backed by some form of official ID.

effd3918 likes this

Hello.

Im from Florida. I'm in the military. I'm also part of a volunteer fire company. I was wondering can I get my own VFF badge without having to worry about the laws and what not ? I'll really appreciate the input.

Thanks.

"Without worrying about the laws and what not" is fast way to find yourself on the wrong side of them and in hot water.

A badge by itself means nothing; they must have official department ID to go along with them. Without the ID, the badge is just a nice piece of tin or brass.

You should speak with the hierarchy of your department to figure out what is and isn't permissible so you don't run afoul of their rules too.

M' Ave likes this

Hello.

Thanks.

I'm sure the MPs on your base have a few extras lying around. Be sure to let them know about "not wanting to worry about the laws." Maybe they can hook ya up.

Hello.

Thanks.

Your Form 2 ID or CAC will do you more good than a VFF badge. Keep it on top of your license. :ph34r:

Hello.

Thanks.

There's sometthing awry here, soldier. How about you ask your E-9 for his input?

Hello.

Thanks.

One of the things you will learn is that things like badges aren't as important as having a reputation as somebody who can be counted upon in a pinch. Badges aren't as important as having a reputation of somebody willing to pitch in when the work needs to be done. Badges aren't as important as having a reputation of being willing to learn from those more experienced. Badges aren't important because it takes more than a piece of tin to make you a firefighter. And always be willing to worry about the rules because they are important. I wouldn't worry about a badge because there is much to learn and the badge won't do much to teach you but flash it the wrong place or the wrong time and you may wish they never gave it to you.

SRS131EMTFF, JM15 and PoqFFEMT like this

Thanks for the input guys. It was just a question of curiosity and most of you guys have made a great point.