Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenburgh supervisor: Merge Westchester and Putnam governments

11 posts in this topic

Greenburgh supervisor: Merge Westchester and Putnam governments

By Michael Risinit • March 14, 2010

Call it Putchester or, maybe, Westnam. After all, a new name might be needed should Greenburgh Supervisor Paul Feiner's suggestion of merging Westchester and Putnam county governments ever materialize.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100314/NEWS01/3140355/1018/NEWS02/Greenburgh-supervisor--Merge-Westchester-and-Putnam-governments?GID=FCdTHHH+I5jY3IiEO9ayzvZF99Ad/ismKxoBArVdD/M%3D

So he's going from saying you need no county government...to merging 2 counties. Oh yeah that will work and save money too. :rolleyes:

Shows you how much politicians honestly know about the finer details of how some things work. Particularly with emergency services and how the layers of response work.

So he's going from saying you need no county government...to merging 2 counties. Oh yeah that will work and save money too. :rolleyes:

Shows you how much politicians honestly know about the finer details of how some things work. Particularly with emergency services and how the layers of response work.

Feiner has continually showed that he has next to no understanding of how emergency services actually work. As far as his governance in other areas, he continually passes the buck, blaming everyone but himself for the shortcomings of government. This is par for the course for him, unfortunately.

Feiner is an idiot. But the people of Greenburgh who keep voting for him are the bigger idiots. These are the same people who think Andy Spano was doing the right thing for the taxpayers of this county.

Feiner is an idiot. But the people of Greenburgh who keep voting for him are the bigger idiots. These are the same people who think Andy Spano was doing the right thing for the taxpayers of this county.

I'm not sure that there has even been another name on the ballot in some of the elections that he's won. Also, I find it funny that he continually talks about abolishing this or that government entity, yet never talks about getting rid of his own job.

Edited by Raz

I'm not sure that there has even been another name on the ballot in some of the elections that he's won. Also, I find it funny that he continually talks about abolishing this or that government entity, yet never talks about getting rid of his own job.

He had a strong Republican contender, Bill Pohlman, who was a friend of mine and came very close to defeating Feiner. Unfortunetly, Bill was working one one of the top floors of the WTC on 9/11 and did not survive. I bet he would have defeated Feiner the next time. He was also an Ardsley Volunteer firefighter.

Funny thing is I always thought that the Town of Greenburgh needed to revist merging its sevices more than the county.

I can think of many more services that the county provides than the Town does. The town of Greenburgh needs to strongly consider limiting its own role. In a town where most people live in villages that provide key services there is no need for the town to be middle man.

Sounds like Mr. Feiner wants to create an even bigger beaucracy than what we have now. Mr. Feiner should worry about Greenburgh and let those who have a clue worry what to do with Westchester.

I don't think Putnam County wants to inherit Westchester's headaches.

LOL. From where I've sat...I don't think I'd want to inherit any of Putnam's either.