Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NHFD172

New Hamburg Structure Fire 23 Monroe Drive 3-20-10

17 posts in this topic

On March 20, 2010 @ 15:00hrs New Hamburg Fire District was distpatched for a Reported smoke coming from a house at 23 Monroe Drive. Upon arrival of the first New Hamburg unit at 15:04, Companies encountered heavy fire coming from the "A" side of the house with a reported people trapped. One Victim was removed from the Structure at 15:18 and TX ALS to Saint Fran. Poughkeepsie by Mobile Life Support.

post-10273-126918352371.jpg

post-10273-126918405672.jpg

post-10273-126918406568.jpg

post-10273-126918407235.jpg

post-10273-126918407816.jpg

post-10273-126918408655.jpg

post-10273-126918409286.jpg

post-10273-126918410226.jpg

Edited by NHFD172
efdcapt115 and DOC22 like this

Great shots, thanks for sharing

Great job by everyone who was there!

That's me walking with the chief. New Hamburg had that fire knocked down unbelievably fast, and the teamwork between EMS, FD, and PD enabled us to treat a badly burned victim efficiently. It really was an outstanding job in all facets of the operation. Good job everyone.

The fact that this fire happened at 3pm and a victim had to be pulled from it should be a reminder to all of us that house fires don't just have occupants at 3AM.

Out of curiosity, where in the home was this victim located?

Thanks, and good work New Hamburg FD!

BFD1054 likes this

On Behave of the Family ,The Family would like to Thank the members of the New Hamburg (the 53 crew) , Wappinger(67) and the other Fire Departments(45,42) that assisted at the scene and the Medics and EMT's from Mobile Life Support for there quick response and the on scene care that they gave. Plus the assistance of the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.

The home owner ,Who is my Mother en Law was take to St. Francis and then Flown to Westchester Med Center by Life Net . We also Thank the flight medic and crew for the in flight care. Again Thanks to Joe and his 53 crew and all that assisted. at this call on Saturday March 20,2010.

Edited by Firecom31

Firecom31 I hope she recovers, keep us posted. The other departments were Hughsonville (45) & village of Fishkill (42) Arlington provided coverage for New Hamburg St 1.

Great shots NHFD172 thanks for sharing...good job guys on a quick knock down and save

Great shots, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great stop by all companies that were involved in the incident. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I hope the injured mother in-law has a quick recovery!

For those that Don't know the women pulled from the fire was the Mother-in-law of a Highland Fire Department member and also a dear friend. I just spoke to him and he stated that she had succumbed to her burns. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Sorry to hear that...thoughts and prayers to the family.

The family would like to thank all for there prayer and thoughts . But I'm sorry to report that my Mother in law has passaway Monday evening at Westchester Medical Center. Our many Thanks go out to the Fire Departments, the Mobile Life crews , the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Dept. , Lifenet Medivac , St. Francis Hospital and The Westchester Medical Center Adult Trauma ICU and to anyone else that I might have missed . Thanks to all her neabors on Monroe drive that came out and offer there support and best wishes to the family for a speedy recovery. It is a great feeling to know that when the need arises , there are so many that respond to the call . Those that live in the New Hamburg Fire District should be very proud to know that when the call goes out ,regardless of the time .That the'll be there to answer the call . Again , Many thanks. God Bless Steven

may mom-in-law rest in peace it was a great effort guys you gave her a chance,we are all proud of you.

i bet you guys got in quickly and the reason I say this is because looking at the pics it looks like everyone WAS geared up properly - great job

Wow, sorry to hear that. My sincerest condolences to you and yours.

Has a cause been determined? I ask because the main body looked to be in a room with a fireplace. I have a zero clearance propane fed fireplace in my living room, love it, but it actually scares me cause the mantle gets hot, so we don't use it for more than an hour at a time. As well, recently in my area there was a fire caused by embers landing on a wood floor. Thanks for any input.

Thanks for the well wishes. To the Fire Fighters that rescue her from the house, You did a great job and give the family some time to spend with her (2 sons , daughter and several grand children)before she pass. Plus all the care that she recieved from the EMS members . I'm very thank full to them all. Keep up the great work , God Bless amd Be safe.

Thoughts Prayers and condolences to you and your Family, Steven. May mom-in-law rest in Peace.