Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Police find body of missing Newburgh boy

12 posts in this topic

NEWBURGH (WABC) -- Authorities say they have found the body of 4-year-old

Marc Anthony Bookal, who had been missing from his Newburgh home since December.

A search area near Colden Street became a crime scene on Wednesday.

Forensic teams were processing evidence all day after the body of a young boy

was found Wednesday morning.

It is believed to be the body of Marc Bookal, the 4-year old who disappeared last December from his home in Newburgh. An autopsy will be performed on Thursday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7348177

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people that made the discovery since any time dealing with a child if difficult enough let alone a recovery. I am glad for the closure for the family and hope the responsible party is quickly brought to justice

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this little innocent boy. I think the person of interest Cory Byrd should stay in jail after his parole sentence because I think he did this horrible act.

Thoughts and Prayers to the family as well as to those who worked so hard from the outset, and those who made the grusome discovery. So Sad.

I hope with regret that it is that of the young child that has been missing once DNA comparison is complete. I also hope they will be able to find the cause of death so they can then determine what direction the case needs to go.

I can not understand why one would want to kill a child. May this innocent young boy rest in peace and I hope the garbage that did this are found and allowed to rot.

And this is why I believe in the death penalty.

And this is why I believe in the death penalty.

ABSOLUTELY CHRIS! I was thinking the same exact thing when I clicked on topic. (To be honest..that it should be painful too in a case like this.)

Has the ME confirmed and listed the cause of death as homicide in this case? Or is it still pending? Just curious..I don't know any details of the case other then remembering that the child was missing. Just wondering if it was homicide or negligence from lack of supervision and the child died of exposure.

DOC22 likes this

Has the ME confirmed and listed the cause of death as homicide in this case? Or is it still pending? Just curious..I don't know any details of the case other then remembering that the child was missing. Just wondering if it was homicide or negligence from lack of supervision and the child died of exposure.

Quoting the news report..."The body was found inside a bag". Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but... The part that really kills me as the father of a 4 year-old myself is: The mother stands by the suspect saying "she doesn't believe he would hurt the boy". The boy was under his supervision when according to the suspect "he wandered off". Yeah sweatheart. Standby your man.