Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Darien CT Police Department - 2010 Crown Victoria

7 posts in this topic

The Darien CT Police Department recently received 2010 Crown Victoria patrol vehicles, following their conversion by Specialty Warning Systems of Danbury CT.

The warning system is entirely Whelen LED based incorporating a Liberty WeCan lightbar, Super LED Mirror Beams, HideAway LEDs in the front corner lights, LINZ6 LEDs behind the grille and a headlight flasher. Completing the system are four additional HideAway LEDs in the reverse and taillights, a dual Talon on the package shelf and LINZ6s installed in each rear side window. A CenCom system provides overall lighting and siren system control.

The center console is a Havis Stout Mount Series with secondary rear console, which contain the dual cup holder, 12V power outlets, Trak mounted flip up armrest, Whelen CenCom control head, department radio and AM/FM radio, which is relocated to accommodate the Data 911 computer display.

A ProGard prisoner containment system incorporates the primary partition, ABS transport seat / floorpan combination and solid rear door panel with window armor. Pro Gard also provides the front pushbumper. The custom exterior graphics package incorporates reflective striping and lettering elements, town seal and roof mounted ID.

Specialty Warning Systems appreciates the confidence the Darien PD has placed in us, to provide their new vehicles and looks forward to a long working relationship in the future.

Visit us on the web at www.specialtywarningsystems.com or look for our videos on YouTube

post-7323-126982807633.jpg

post-7323-126982828112.jpg

post-7323-126982829876.jpg

post-7323-126982830949.jpg

post-7323-126982832143.jpg

spc0806 likes this

SWS, awesome work as always! I really like the color and lettering scheme on their patrol cars, they look sharp. I also like the quote on the back window.

What is the push button for on the console right above the cup holder?

I also like the quote on the back window.

I hear what you are saying, but its also sad that that's what we have to do today. :(

My guess would be a Trunk pop Andrew. Just a guess though.

Kinda odd that car 16 has the license plate of 15.

I think it is for the Fire Suppression System? Just a guess as well. I think i've usually seen them mounted i/a/o the am/fm radio just below that. Not usre though. Looks good though nice job.

Hopefully its pepper spray in back seat, or a tazer built into the back seat.