Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

Hudson Valley Paramedics/Regional EMS

15 posts in this topic

I heard from a few people that HV medics have 911 services in middletown & florida in orange county through mutual aid and pleasant valley through a contract that once was transcares can anyone confirm or clarify this

HVP has the Pleasant Valley ALS contract. They provide 24/7 ALS coverage with an ambulance out of their own station and cover transports if the vollys don't cover their own rig. They took over the contract from Transamo around the new year after skid bidding the heck out of the contract. Don't ask me how they make any money doing it.

Regional EMS is their name across the river (Orange county operations). I have no idea what 911 they have over there. I think they might still cover Port Jervis.

HVP has the Pleasant Valley ALS contract. They provide 24/7 ALS coverage with an ambulance out of their own station and cover transports if the vollys don't cover their own rig. They took over the contract from Transamo around the new year after skid bidding the heck out of the contract. Don't ask me how they make any money doing it.

Regional EMS is their name across the river (Orange county operations). I have no idea what 911 they have over there. I think they might still cover Port Jervis.

HVP provides coverage from 5am-5pm Monday through Friday as 54-79 as well as ALS Coverage 7 days a week.

Regional covers Florida, Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Greenville and Port Jervis areas

Edited by effd3918

They do not cover Pleasant Valley 24/7..... Monday-Friday 5am to 5pm primary ALS response, and ALS coverage/intercepts on the non contracted hours based on availability.

HVP provides coverage from 5am-5pm Monday through Friday as 54-79 as well as ALS Coverage 7 days a week.

Regional covers Florida, Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Greenville and Port Jervis areas

56-79....they dont have Pawling no more ;)

They do not cover Pleasant Valley 24/7..... Monday-Friday 5am to 5pm primary ALS response, and ALS coverage/intercepts on the non contracted hours based on availability.

I dont think they can afford to staff that second unit on nights anymore right?

Edited by SPFC56-233

Now those places in orange county are they contracted like the pleasant valley contract where they are the primary response and have to provide coverage etc?

56-79....they dont have Pawling no more ;)

I dont think they can afford to staff that second unit on nights anymore right?

What does 56-79 mean?

Edited by masterofmetal85

Regional in Orange County has, (all ALS intercept or if the vollys don't get out) Florida, Chester, Warwick, Pine Island, Greenwood Lake, Minisink (aka. Lenape VAC), Greenville, Port Jervis, Deerpark. Some private contracts as well. They place "paid volunteers" in Chester VAC. They also cover Matamoras, Westfalls, and Hemlock Farms PA as "403" on the Pike County Radio System. They do provide quite a bit of Mutual Aid to "401" when Pike ALS (private company) has no units available. That is why they have the PA state certification seals on their front doors. Talking to the employees, the "old Regional" employees don't care to be associated to the HVPS side that much. It is a tight ship in Orange County with their supervisors.

Edited by orangEMT246

What does 56-79 mean?

First number (56) would be the designated department number In Dutchess County for the Pleasant Valley Fire Department. The second number (79) is designated for a commercial EMS agency.

First number (56) would be the designated department number In Dutchess County for the Pleasant Valley Fire Department. The second number (79) is designated for a commercial EMS agency.

Actually 79 designates an ALS ambulance, not necessarily from a commercial agency. It just happens that all the 79's are via commercial agency contracts at this time. If BVAC, for example, wanted to staff a medic ambulance rather than a flycar and a BLS ambulance, it would be called 82-79.

Regional in Orange County has, (all ALS intercept or if the vollys don't get out) Florida, Chester, Warwick, Pine Island, Greenwood Lake, Minisink (aka. Lenape VAC), Greenville, Port Jervis, Deerpark. Some private contracts as well. They place "paid volunteers" in Chester VAC. They also cover Matamoras, Westfalls, and Hemlock Farms PA as "403" on the Pike County Radio System. They do provide quite a bit of Mutual Aid to "401" when Pike ALS (private company) has no units available. That is why they have the PA state certification seals on their front doors. Talking to the employees, the "old Regional" employees don't care to be associated to the HVPS side that much. It is a tight ship in Orange County with their supervisors.

When you say private contracts what are you referring to.

When you say private contracts what are you referring to.

Generally nursing homes and hospitals for inter-facility transfers. However, other venues requiring a full-time EMS presence also contract out to them. Stewart Airport and the Orange County Fairgrounds come to mind as big contracts

So they aren't obligated to man their station in town at all after 5pm?

So they aren't obligated to man their station in town at all after 5pm?

Thats correct. 5am-5pm Monday-Friday is the contractual obligation.