Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Smeal's New Logo

8 posts in this topic

They needed to change the logo, it was time. I like the new design.

New Logo. Nice design, however, same old piece of SH_T !! Cannot change the quality, reliability, etc of your product just by changing the logo.

New Logo. Nice design, however, same old piece of SH_T !! Cannot change the quality, reliability, etc of your product just by changing the logo.

Have you operated a Smeal pumper or aerial before? I have and we have not encountered a problem with thier apparatus. Remember, what the truck committee specs is what you get.

We have no problem with our aerial and it serves us well. We saw its jacking capabilities with the Yonkers specs and felt it was a great fit for us. As a member of our truck commitee I agree with Izzy that you get what you spec. It pays to have qualifield people in this process.

Have you operated a Smeal pumper or aerial before? I have and we have not encountered a problem with thier apparatus. Remember, what the truck committee specs is what you get.

Izzy - We have three Smeal pumpers in out city. My company had one but the city chiefs pulled it out of our station and replaced it with an older Mack. Thank the good lord, can't kill a Mack. The three pumpers are unreliable, out of service most of the time and have many problems. The pumps leak, they will not pump to capacity. In addition, there are probably an additional 8 or so Smeal pumpers in our county. None of the fire companies who operate them have anything good to say out Smeal. The quality of their product is not there and they are not reliable.

Izzy - We have three Smeal pumpers in out city. My company had one but the city chiefs pulled it out of our station and replaced it with an older Mack. Thank the good lord, can't kill a Mack. The three pumpers are unreliable, out of service most of the time and have many problems. The pumps leak, they will not pump to capacity. In addition, there are probably an additional 8 or so Smeal pumpers in our county. None of the fire companies who operate them have anything good to say out Smeal. The quality of their product is not there and they are not reliable.

I understand what you mean '85. Older rigs man, you can beat them to heck and they still tick!

I'm surprised because the Smeals we have up here, including mine we have very good luck with them and also from several towns in NE (not all just like any other manufacturer's short comings). The only real problem we have had are with the ABS on the inside of our cab (Spartan) and a door handle flaw on the "buffalo" rear compartment (we should have gone with a different style in hindsight). What type of pump did you guys have on it? If it was a Hale I know that they had lots of problems with the packings for several years (we chose Waterous instead).

I can see where you are coming from being displeased and it happens. Trust me though the quality is there and they are one of the better companies now out there. I know they have had some horror stories in the past but as I was told by Mr. Don Smeal when I met him out there, they will build what ever the customer wants or demands.