Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYS Audits

7 posts in this topic

So, if I have this right, NYS can audit fire districts financially.

However, the OFPC cannot audit or survey fire districts for basic compliance on response and training issues, like NYS-DOH can do with ambulances? And NYS can't set standards for these fire districts involving response?

What do these financial audits really mean, and what implication do they have?

What is the difference between the state being able to do this and "home rule"? If the state can set laws for fire districts, can't they set staffing, response time, and training laws, etc?

NY State Dept of Labor (PESH) can audit training and staffing requirements on scene.

The State Comptroller does the audits, as allowed under State law, of any municipality, school distict or special district (fire, water, sewer, garbage, lighting, ect.) in the state.

You know what would be nice? If New York State did an audit of itself. Here we are in "financial straights" and I can't recall any pay cuts taken by elected officials or appointees, nor can I think of any other cutbacks in state Government. After they're finished with that, they can take a look at NYC, who's work force has grown by 50,000 +/- under Bloomberg. None of those jobs were in uniform services, but many jobs in those services were cut in those years.

helicopper and JetPhoto like this

NY State Dept of Labor (PESH) can audit training and staffing requirements on scene.

Their violations are a meanigless joke most of the time.

You know what would be nice? If New York State did an audit of itself. Here we are in "financial straights" and I can't recall any pay cuts taken by elected officials or appointees, nor can I think of any other cutbacks in state Government. After they're finished with that, they can take a look at NYC, who's work force has grown by 50,000 +/- under Bloomberg. None of those jobs were in uniform services, but many jobs in those services were cut in those years.

AMEN!!!!!

Their violations are a meanigless joke most of the time.

Only because the people filling the complaint didn't do the leg work ahead of time. In 2 EMS stations alone FDNY is coughing up 5 figures a month for unsafe work conditions. You have to demonstrate a hazard and prove the dept was aware and made no progress towards a solution.