Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenville's New Engine 150 Coming Soon

21 posts in this topic

Anyone know who won the bid for Greenville's new rescue pumper (Engine 150), and any other details?

Seth I think Ferrara won the bid for the rescue pumper

Seth I think Ferrara won the bid for the rescue pumper

That's correct

Nice to see a department got smart and ordered something other that a Smeal.

Looking at the updated pictures at FerraraFire.com they have SQ 15 on the roof. Anyone know if this apparatus will be designated an Engine or a Squad?

Looking at the updated pictures at FerraraFire.com they have SQ 15 on the roof. Anyone know if this apparatus will be designated an Engine or a Squad?

This apparatus will be designated squad 15.

This apparatus will be designated squad 15.

So then whats the deal with E150?

So then whats the deal with E150?

I believe Engine 150 will take over Engine 151's role as a spare and mutual aid engine. I think the Engine 151 designation (and the 199? E-One) will be retired.

Squad 15, that's going to be awesome! It will be kind of like an FDNY Squad in concept. Besides have great firefighting capability, the new Squad 15 will be able to begin a USAR/Tech Rescue first response, and will respond with the Squad Support Unit 15. It has some unique specs, and I think people will be impressed when they see the final product.

That's the last I heard.

I believe Engine 150 will take over Engine 151's role as a spare and mutual aid engine. I think the Engine 151 designation (and the 199? E-One) will be retired.

Squad 15, that's going to be awesome! It will be kind of like an FDNY Squad in concept. Besides have great firefighting capability, the new Squad 15 will be able to begin a USAR/Tech Rescue first response, and will respond with the Squad Support Unit 15. It has some unique specs, and I think people will be impressed when they see the final product.

That's the last I heard.

I don't think Greenville's "Squad" should even be compared to one in the FDNY. An FDNY Squad is better staffed having 5-6 members on it. Last I knew, GFD had 7-8 members on at a time. So does this mean 6 will staff SQD15, or 4 will go on SQD15 and 2 on SSU15? Either way, it doesn't make sense.

Doesn't this designation of "Squad 15" go against the "acceptable apparatus designations" issued by 60 Control several years ago?

DES Valid Units

I don't think Greenville's "Squad" should even be compared to one in the FDNY. An FDNY Squad is better staffed having 5-6 members on it. Last I knew, GFD had 7-8 members on at a time. So does this mean 6 will staff SQD15, or 4 will go on SQD15 and 2 on SSU15? Either way, it doesn't make sense.

Doesn't this designation of "Squad 15" go against the "acceptable apparatus designations" issued by 60 Control several years ago?

DES Valid Units

If you had read the link you posted you would have found that the answer is provided in the document...

If you had read the link you posted you would have found that the answer is provided in the document...

Really Junior? It states that the Engine and/or supplemental vehicles must respond with six people. So, would calling it "Squad 15" be correct if it isn't actually responding as a Squad all the time with six members?

Edited by The Chrome Dome

Really Junior? It states that the Engine and/or supplemental vehicles must respond with six people. So, would calling it "Squad 15" be correct if it isn't actually responding as a Squad all the time with six members?

If it has a designation of squad, the agreement with the county then states that it must be staffed as such. There for you cant have a squad if it is not staffed with 6 firefighters. Its kinda like how you cant have a car without all four tires, well in this case you cant have a squad without the man power. I refuse to speculate on how this is going to be staffed, but I am willing to bet it will be staffed in some way, shape or form with six firefighters. Additionally, departments in this area (seeing as you are not from here currently) can have a squad designation and not use it all of the time. White Plains, New Rochelle, Mt. Vernon, Scarsdale/Eastchester and Greenville/Hartsdale/Fairview all have squad designations but are not staffed as such 24/7. To my knowledge, only squad 11 in Yonkers is staffed with 6 firefighters 24/7, all of the other departments staff their squad with 6 only when the squad is specifically requested.

Edited by bvfdjc316

If it has a designation of squad, the agreement with the county then states that it must be staffed as such. There for you cant have a squad if it is not staffed with 6 firefighters. Its kinda like how you can have a car without all four tires, well in this case you cant have a squad without the man power.

I like the car analogy. :D

Greenville is one of the most progressive and better staffed and mmanaged departments in the County. Believe me, they have this figured out.

Squad 15 will probaly be getting an officer. And a member of Ladder 4 would respond with the Squad support unit, and if needed, Ladder 4. Hartsdale, Fairview, Scarsdale, Eastchester, White Plains, New Rochelle and Yonkers all have members on duty 24/7 are all trained in WMD, Hazmat, and Tech Rescue and could/would respond if needed and are part of the pre planned scenarios. A callback would staff Engine 150, and mutual aid (would backfill).

By the DES staffing definition, it is ABSOLUTELY a Squad.

SQUAD COMPANY (TEAMS)

Valid Prefix

(SQ = Squad)

A vehicle(s) consisting of at least an Engine with or without other support vehicles (ie: Rescue, Ladder, or Utility Type), equipped with additional and specific equipment to handle hazardous materials / WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) and/or technical rescue, that will respond with a minimum of six (6) trained and certified members, included a company officer.

By the DES staffing definition, it is ABSOLUTELY a Squad.

Please. The whole apparatus designation system in Westchester is a joke. There's Engines called Rescues, Mini-Attacks called Engines, etc. etc. etc. I recall Yorktown having issues reserving a Rescue # for their Water Rescue Unit. Why? Because they're volunteer? One of the biggest hypocrites in Westchester is the management at 60 Control. Their opinions change with the wind... I digress. For now.

Don't get me wrong, Greenville, and for that matter, most of the career departments in lower Westchester, are awesome. They are all under staffed yet they get the day to day runs handled. When the pooh hits the fan, they all collectively pull together to get things dones. I've seen the photos and info on this site and others showing the amount of specialized training that all these guys do. But what I don't get, and perhaps someone can enlighten me, is the redundency in service. If Yonkers, which BOARDERS Greenville already has TRT capabilities, why does it get replicated in the neighboring Town of Greenburgh? And, someone in the know PLEASE correct me, but doesn't GPD have a TRT? Why have two seperate ones in the same Town?!

To me, I like to see as many resources as possible all over the map. I just don't understand why everyone can come on here preaching that there's too many Trucks or too many Rescues in one area - and the same people behind these rants are generally those serving in fire departments that have the same resources as their neighbors.

Dont forget about the Greenville volunteers

Awesome Squad! Another excellent build by Ferrara!

Good luck with it Greenville FD!

Does anyone know for sure what will happen to the current E-151, the 1990 E-ONE, once the new ferrara goes into service?

here is an update of squad 15 My link just scroll down until you see greenville

Edited by barbosa10