Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Third Watch Returns on April 8th

22 posts in this topic

Will return April 8th for final five episodes of the season.

Lets get a good disscussion started on Third Watch, what does everyone think of the show? I'll start.. I used to like it, but not so much anymore now that the Squad doesn't play as big of a role in the show anymore

I think that it is an Excellent show. Even though i wish they showed more FD it is still a great show

Turd Watch?? I stopped watching that years ago...

I liked it a lot when it first came out, but now it's starting to fizzle. Ever since Bosco got shot and spent 3/4 of the season in the hospital and Yokas got promoted to Detective, the stories have been less than stellar. The only good story arc that they had was when Davis looked into, and ultimately solved, his father's murder. The Squad doesn't play too much of a part anymore, and the paramedic stories have made me wear out the fast forward button on my TiVo because I either don't care or they just don't gel with the rest of the story. There was more cohesiveness between the different agencies and the story ideas/writing was a lot better during the first three or four seasons. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good show, but it's just not as good as it used to be.

And the whole Fire coexisting harmoniously with the EMS folks is DEFINITELY fiction.

That, and have you ever noticed that they never bother to at least make it look real and inflate the bag at the bottom of the non-rebreather mask when they place it on the patient?

i love the show. does any1 know if it is out on dvd like the seasons of it? and if it is out where i can get it?

I enjoy the show - of course it's not fully realistic or even true... common, what the heak is anymore.

I think the storyline is good and some of the issues that are brought up are great. The Third Watch/Medical Investigation combo was very good.

Too bad it's such a far time away until the next epside comes out.

i just started watching some of it in reruns and everytime i see it that women cop is alwyas crying whats the deal with that. I think it is a lousy show wont watch it anymore in reruns or when it comes on

Which woman cop?

It may not be the most realistic show, but....

Backdraft and Ladder 49 aren't too realistic either, but they are still great movies! Show biz has to throw in a few little extras, or even remove a few aspects to make the show interesting.

I like Third Watch cause I like Fire EMS and Police work so it fits my catagories. I wish that the Bullsh*t will stop and more Action like fire. I hardly see Fire Respond to calls. I watch the reruns on A&E and at time they are better then the ones coming out now. More of Everything Fire EMS and Police. I still watch the show cause it is good but make it intresting blow the watchers out of their seat throw something that they do not expect to see. now that would be good for the last 5 seasons.

Any good firefighting show ended after EMERGENCY went off television...

Nothing has caught my eye in years. I'd rather watch those reruns

I agree with you on that, Emergency was a great show. My dad introduced me to the show and i saw a few episodes and thought it was great, but no fans of RESCUE ME????

Television shows and movies are just that, television shows and movies. Sure, they may not be all that realistic and they may draw the ire of the real-life practicioners of the arts depicted on screen, but we have to take a step back and look at it for its entertainment value. Emergency was one of the best shows on television; I just wish it were on TV Land a little more. While Third Watch may be in a bit of a slump, it, in my estimation, is still one of the best shows on television, especially since all we see these days are pointless reality shows. And I definitely cannot wait until the end of the spring/beginning of the summer, which is when I believe Rescue Me starts its second season.

i like it but there got to be more action and less storys

Another note on that... There is not much that can be done about depicting interior fires for television or movie purposes. Of course its going to be unrealistic, would you rather see what the actors are doing and what is going on or look at a black screen?

With all the CGI out there, you think they could do it more realistically. I think the most realistic I have ever seen fire portrayed was in the factory fire scene in the beginning of Backdraft. They were heading up the stairs and all they saw was the smoke and the glow.

I still watch it, sometimes. I liked better when they had more FD involvement, more of a cop show now.

The CGI is very expensive and time consuming. TV shows like this typically shoot one episode on an 8 day schedule.

And at least they shoot in neighborhoods outside of played out midtown.