Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spyda308

EMS Stations and Deployment in Westchester County

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals. I'm doing a report for school and I need to know all the active stations, posts and response areas of bls and als units for the county. This includes all vacs, paid and commericial ems units. There is a list from the New York State Dept. of Health website but I don't know how many are actually active and/or not just coroporate office locations. So i was wondering if anyone could help me on this issue. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated. thanks.

state website: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/counties/westchester.htm

Cortlandt vac 6 kings ferry rd montrose NY 10548

Peekskill vac 1427 main st peekskill NY 10566

Croton ems I believe is out of Wayne Ave in croton not too sure. Tho maybe someone from there can help out.

2 I know for sure. Hope that helps

Ken

Mount Pleasant Paramedic - Based out of the Mount Pleasant PD HQ in Valhalla

Pleasantville VAC is on Marble Ave in Pleasantville. June 1st we are moving to Grammercy St. in Thornwood.

3 Ambulance, 1 fly car, 1 rehab unit

Edited by PFDRes47cue

There is another thread here on EMTBravo with a link to the County GIS viewer that has layers for Fire and EMS districts and stations. It won't help with PAR or SSM units but it will give you all the stations and the agency jurisdiction.

That should give you most of what you're looking for.

Mount Pleasant Paramedic - Based out of the Mount Pleasant PD HQ in Valhalla

Pleasantville VAC is on Marble Ave in Pleasantville. June 1st we are moving to Grammercy St. in Thornwood.

is that the old water dept building?

i heard that is area is prone to flooding, has that been solved?

is that the old water dept building?

i heard that is area is prone to flooding, has that been solved?

It is the old water dept. Flooding is not as big of an issue as it has been made out to be. The Broadway Field floods when the water in the stream rises. The garage and the building are high up. the parking lot is also high enough, flooding should not be an issue. When we had a really bad rain storm a few months? ago, Mount Pleasant experiences terrible flooding but no water in our garage or building. Broadway Field was a lake though...

Irvington Volunteer Ambulance Corps

80 MAIN ST, IRVINGTON, NY 10533

Valhalla VAC

1 Westlake Drive,

Valhalla, NY 10595

as PFDres47cue mentioned, 37M1 is located at MPPD headquarters, 37M2 is located on the WMC grounds.

Best of luck with the project.

P.S. do you need like BLS FD first responders too?

Valhalla VAC

1 Westlake Drive,

Valhalla, NY 10595

as PFDres47cue mentioned, 37M1 is located at MPPD headquarters, 37M2 is located on the WMC grounds.

Best of luck with the project.

P.S. do you need like BLS FD first responders too?

To add on to coverage... from 7AM to 7PM, Medic 1 covers Pleasantville Thornwood, Valahall, and Most of Thornwood. Medic 2 covers some of Hawthorn, Sleepy Hollow, the hospital grounds and Medic 1 over flow. From 7PM to 7AM, only Medic 1 is in service and covers all of the jurisdiction.

Mamaroneck Village EMS- 220 North Barry Ave Ext. Mamaroneck Ny, 10543. Primary area covered is the Village of Mamaroneck, The Rye Neck section of the village, and approx. 5 miles of I-95 in both directions.

Empress EMS- 722 Nepperhan Ave, Yonkers Ny, 10704 I believe. The primary area of covered is the City of Yonkers, from the bronx line, to the Town/ Village of Hastings, From Central Park ave, to Central park ave in scarsdale/greenburgh area, and I-87 from the bronx line, to the ardsely line, The cross county Parkway, to the Mt Vernon line, then from Mt Vernon/Pelham line to the bronx line. Also Empress is the ALS provider, for Yorktown and Pelham, and provides Paid EMT staff to the City of Peekskill, and the Town of Hawthorne

Mohegan Vol. Fire Assoc. VAC

1975 E. Main St (Rt 6)

Mohegan Lake, NY

3 BLS Ambulances (69B1, 69B2, 69B3)

1 Chief Vehicle/Utility BLS Fly Car (6905)

covers the 42 square mile Lake Mohegan Fire District in parts of the Towns of Cortlandt and Yorktown

sleepyhollow ambulance corps.

29 andrews lane

sleepyhollow ny 10591

Lesse if I can fill the gaps of Northern Westchester:

BLS Agencies:

Peekskill Community VAC - 1427 Main Street, Peekskill, NY 10566 - 3 Ambulances (Used to be 4), 1 Flycar - Used to be Intermediates but I think that was dropped - Daytime staffing by a single EMT from Empress.

Mohegan VFAVAC - 1975 East Main Street, Mohegan Lake, NY‎ 105?? - 3 Ambulances, 1 Flycar - Think they are still ILS equipped.

Yorktown VAC - 2600 Loretta Street, Yorktown Heights, NY - 3 Ambulances - Think they are still ILS equipped.

Cortlandt VAC - 6 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose, NY‎ - 3 Ambulances, 1 Rehab Unit

Verplank FD - 8th Street, Verplanck, NY - 1 Ambulance

Somers FD - 119 Primrose Street, Somers, NY - 3 Ambulances, 1 Utility

North Salem VAC - 14 Daniel Road, North Salem, NY - 2 Ambulances (Tho their new HQ has room for 4 - did they keep an old one as a spare?)

Lewisboro VAC - 777 Cross River Rd, Cross River, NY - 2 Ambulances, 2 Flycars, Multiple AED equipped first responders.

Pound Ridge Lions VAC - 89 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY‎ - 2 Ambulances

Vista FD - 377 Smith Ridge Road, South Salem, NY - 2 Ambulances

Bedford FD - 34 Village Green, Bedford, NY - 1 Ambulance

Katonah-Bedford VAC - 160 Bedford Road, Katonah, NY - 2 Ambulances (Considering adding a third)

Mount Kisco VAC - 310 Lexington Avenue, Mt Kisco - 2 or 3 Ambulances (I dunno if they got rid of the old rig or kept it as a third)

Armonk FD - 400 Bedford Road, Armonk - 3 (I think) ambulances

Chappaqua VAC - 233 North Greeley Avenue, Chappaqua, NY 10514 - 2 Ambulances, 1 Flycar

Ossining VAC - 8 Clinton Avenue, Ossining, NY 10562 - 3 Ambulances (Yeah yeah, I know, see below - but they are BLS also).

Croton VAC - No idea what they have or where they are - they're "special" in a Roosa and Munson sorta way. :P

Montrose VA FD - Dunno if they have 1 or 2 (or any?) rigs anymore - don't think they are supposed to leave the campus anyway? I dunno how that works. Cortlandt VAC covers EMS calls there anyway.

ALS Providers:

Cortlandt Peekskill Paramedics - 1 Heady St, Cortlandt Manor, NY - Between 2-4 ALS flycars onduty 24/7 in cooperation with Peekskill FD - Covers the Town of Cortlandt (including Buchannan but not Croton VAC's area) and City of Peekskill.

Empress EMS - ALS Flycar with 1 (24/7) or 2 (8a-8p I think) medics based out of Yorktown VAC - Covers the Town of Yorktown.

Westchester EMS - 3 ALS flycars 24/7 out of Mount Kisco HQ, Somers FD and Lewisboro VAC - Cover the towns of Somers, North Salem, Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, Bedford, Mount Kisco and the Armonk & Banksville sections of North Castle and the Chappaqua section of New Castle.

Ossining VAC - Staff the OVAC ambulances and Tri-Village ALS flycar with paramedics - usually on on the rig one on the flycar (last I checked) with volunteer medic backup available from home (also the ALS supervisor during the day). Provide ALS for the Town and Village of Ossining, village of Briarcliff (the part not in Mount Pleasant), and the Town of Cortlandt section covered by Croton VAC (Croton village and the southern part of town outside the village), and the western section of New Castle.

Commercial providers in the area:

Westchester EMS runs something like 7 BLS ambulances out of Northern Westchester and 1 out of White Plains. They also run 1 ALS ambulance 24/7 plus a second ALS ambulance 11am-7pm.

Transcare has a 24/7 ALS ambulance out of Hudson Valley Hospital (started a month or two ago). They also have an ALS ambulance out of Putnam Hospital now 9-5 during the day and a BLS ambulance (not sure on the times of that one).

Hudson Valley Paramedics operates a few ambulances posted in the area (but based out of Fishkill I believe) but not sure what or where but they seem to like posting things at Hudson Valley during the day.

Edited by WAS967

Heritage Hills

Somers, NY

1,100 Acres, 2,900 Condos, 6,000+ Residents

(2) Basic Life Support EMT Fly Cars with AED's

Staffed 24/7 by Command Security Guards

BLS Agencies:

Peekskill Community VAC - 1427 Main Street, Peekskill, NY 10566 - 3 Ambulances (Used to be 4), 1 Flycar - Used to be Intermediates but I think that was dropped - Daytime staffing by a single EMT from Empress.

Mohegan VFAVAC - 1975 East Main Street, Mohegan Lake, NY‎ 105?? - 3 Ambulances, 1 Flycar - Think they are still ILS equipped.

Yorktown VAC - 2600 Loretta Street, Yorktown Heights, NY - 3 Ambulances - Think they are still ILS equipped.

North Salem VAC - 14 Daniel Road, North Salem, NY - 2 Ambulances (Tho their new HQ has room for 4 - did they keep an old one as a spare?)

Lewisboro VAC - 777 Cross River Rd, Cross River, NY - 2 Ambulances, 2 Flycars, Multiple AED equipped first responders.

Katonah-Bedford VAC - 160 Bedford Road, Katonah, NY - 2 Ambulances (Considering adding a third)

Mount Kisco VAC - 310 Lexington Avenue, Mt Kisco - 2 or 3 Ambulances (I dunno if they got rid of the old rig or kept it as a third)

Chappaqua VAC - 233 North Greeley Avenue, Chappaqua, NY 10514 - 2 Ambulances, 1 Flycar

Ossining VAC - 8 Clinton Avenue, Ossining, NY 10562 - 3 Ambulances (Yeah yeah, I know, see below - but they are BLS also).

Croton VAC - No idea what they have or where they are - they're "special" in a Roosa and Munson sorta way. :P

Montrose VA FD - Dunno if they have 1 or 2 (or any?) rigs anymore - don't think they are supposed to leave the campus anyway? I dunno how that works. Cortlandt VAC covers EMS calls there anyway.

ALS Providers:

Cortlandt Peekskill Paramedics - 1 Heady St, Cortlandt Manor, NY - Between 2-4 ALS flycars onduty 24/7 in cooperation with Peekskill FD - Covers the Town of Cortlandt (including Buchannan but not Croton VAC's area) and City of Peekskill.

Empress EMS - ALS Flycar with 1 (24/7) or 2 (8a-8p I think) medics based out of Yorktown VAC - Covers the Town of Yorktown.

Westchester EMS - 3 ALS flycars 24/7 out of Mount Kisco HQ, Somers FD and Lewisboro VAC - Cover the towns of Somers, North Salem, Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, Bedford, Mount Kisco and the Armonk & Banksville sections of North Castle and the Chappaqua section of New Castle.

Ossining VAC - Staff the OVAC ambulances and Tri-Village ALS flycar with paramedics - usually on on the rig one on the flycar (last I checked) with volunteer medic backup available from home (also the ALS supervisor during the day). Provide ALS for the Town and Village of Ossining, village of Briarcliff (the part not in Mount Pleasant), and the Town of Cortlandt section covered by Croton VAC (Croton village and the southern part of town outside the village), and the western section of New Castle.

Westchester EMS runs something like 7 BLS ambulances out of Northern Westchester and 1 out of White Plains. They also run 1 ALS ambulance 24/7 plus a second ALS ambulance 11am-7pm.

Transcare has a 24/7 ALS ambulance out of Hudson Valley Hospital (started a month or two ago). They also have an ALS ambulance out of Putnam Hospital now 9-5 during the day and a BLS ambulance (not sure on the times of that one).

Hudson Valley Paramedics operates a few ambulances posted in the area (but based out of Fishkill I believe) but not sure what or where but they seem to like posting things at Hudson Valley during the day.

TransCare also provides ALS Ambulances for New Rochelle (30A1, A2, A3) as well as White Plains and something in Mount Vernon.

Peekskill VAC has 4 BLS ambulances 75B1,75B2,75B3,75B4,1 BLS fly car 7505(they still have there old fly car unknown what Its used for)

Did they get a new 75B3?

TransCare also provides ALS Ambulances for New Rochelle (30A1, A2, A3) as well as White Plains and something in Mount Vernon.

Yeah, I kept my info to the northern part of the county to allow others to chime in.

The ALS ambulances in New Rochelle are based out of Station 1, Station 3, and (I believe) Station 5? Pretty sure Ambulance 3 is only part of the day but I dunno the hours. Ambulance 2 used to be 8a-12a but that was years ago....think it's 24/7 now.

White Plains is covered by three ambulances all out of the Ferris Ave Fire house but often posted about town. Ambulance 1 is ALS, the other 2 are BLS. Ambulance 3 is part of the day (again not sure of the hours (where's RWC130?)) and I think posts in/near the garage behind D&D on Mamaroneck Ave. Second ALS calls are covered by the supervisor(s) out the Ferris ave HQ.

Mount Vernon is covered by 2 ambulances 24/7, 1 ALS and 1 BLS. Again, second ALS calls are covered by a supervisor out of the HQ on Fulton.

TC also provides the medics for Mount Pleasant and the Grasslands campus as previously mentioned, which includes the STAT/Baby bus (the beast that it is).

Nobody has mentioned Port Chester/Rye/Rye Brook. (Do they still call themselves a VAC?) Last I knew they ran 3-4 rigs during the day now that United closed and have capacity for more. I've heard them running up to 6 at once during special standbys and the like.

Edited by WAS967

The ALS ambulances in New Rochelle are based out of Station 1, Station 3, and (I believe) Station 5? Pretty sure Ambulance 3 is only part of the day but I dunno the hours. Ambulance 2 used to be 8a-12a but that was years ago....think it's 24/7 now.

30A1 (24/7) is out of NRFD Sta #1 - Harrison St behind New Roc

30A2 (24/7) is out of NRFD Sta #3 - North Ave betwn Iona & NR High School. It has been 24 hour since Abbey got the contract about 12 years ago or so. It was empress before that.

30A3 (7am-7pm/7 days) is a floater. It is posted between NRFD Sta #3 and Quaker Ridge Road. 90% of its calls are in the southern 1/2 of the city, but the politicians want it up north. Sta #5 is too far north. It is stationed there only if we retain it after 7pm due to storms.

30A1 (24/7) is out of NRFD Sta #1 - Harrison St behind New Roc

30A2 (24/7) is out of NRFD Sta #3 - North Ave betwn Iona & NR High School. It has been 24 hour since Abbey got the contract about 12 years ago or so. It was empress before that.

30A3 (7am-7pm/7 days) is a floater. It is posted between NRFD Sta #3 and Quaker Ridge Road. 90% of its calls are in the southern 1/2 of the city, but the politicians want it up north. Sta #5 is too far north. It is stationed there only if we retain it after 7pm due to storms.

Good info. Tho one historical notation - I know for fact that A2 wasn't 24/7 for the entire time Abbey was there. I used to work the truck and we went off duty at midnight (this was around 1995ish) and we used to take it back to Station 1 and park it behind Ambulance 1 until it came back online at 8am. The crews for Ambulance 3 would report to Station 1 and pack in the back lot. Not sure when it went 24/7, maybe around the time it changed over to Transcare?

Edited by WAS967

Dobbs Ferry EMS located at 81 Ashford Avenue. we have 2 BLS buses 56 B2 and 56 B2 we also run a fire Rehab unit which is designated 5605. Our ALS is provided by Greenburgh and if we need a medic and there busy we will usual get an ALS bus from Empress.

does anybody have any maps or know where I can get any maps?

does anybody have any maps or know where I can get any maps?

See post #4

As usual PFDRES47CUE has only half the info, 37M2 changes to 87a1 form 1900 to 7am

87A1 also covers 37M1's overflow as standing mutual aid medic

37M1 covers all but the reservation

As usual PFDRES47CUE has only half the info, 37M2 changes to 87a1 form 1900 to 7am

87A1 also covers 37M1's overflow as standing mutual aid medic

As usual? I was only talking about the 37-medics...I had all their info. There is no 37M2 from 1900 to 0700. With the exception of the reservation, 37M1 covers all of the jurisdiction as first due. Forgetting to leave out the reservation is not half of the info. If you could PM me and let me know about the "As usual PFDRES47CUE has only half the info"...it would clear up a lot of confusion. If you need to include personal rage into your posts towards me, keep the post on topic with my topic. 87 was not included in my post because I was only talking about the 37-medics. I had 100% of the info I wanted to include...

I believe that when 37M2 is tied up (in Sleepy Hollow, or usually on the Reservation), 37M1 responds to calls on the Reservation or WestHelp. Correct? I have asked for data on this from Transcare, but of course have not received anything as of yet.

ok, besides the 34medics, what others are empress?

Mamaroneck Village EMS- 220 North Barry Ave Ext. Mamaroneck Ny, 10543. Primary area covered is the Village of Mamaroneck, The Rye Neck section of the village, and approx. 5 miles of I-95 in both directions.

Empress EMS- 722 Nepperhan Ave, Yonkers Ny, 10704 I believe. The primary area of covered is the City of Yonkers, from the bronx line, to the Town/ Village of Hastings, From Central Park ave, to Central park ave in scarsdale/greenburgh area, and I-87 from the bronx line, to the ardsely line, The cross county Parkway, to the Mt Vernon line, then from Mt Vernon/Pelham line to the bronx line. Also Empress is the ALS provider, for Yorktown and Pelham, and provides Paid EMT staff to the City of Peekskill, and the Town of Hawthorne

Are Mamaroneck medics volunteer?

BLS Agencies:

ALS Providers:

are cortlandt peekskill medics volunteer?

Are Mamaroneck medics volunteer?

Nope. All are part time employees of the Town of Mamaroneck Ambulance District.

Nope. All are part time employees of the Town of Mamaroneck Ambulance District.

How you do you apply?