Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nhfd241

What is going on at Lagrange Middle School

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on what is happening at Lagrange Middle School

Does anyone have any info on what is happening at Lagrange Middle School

From what I have been gathering... there was a spill of mercury, I don't know the quantity though.

Mercury Spill all children that were in the possible affected area were transported to Saint Francis and other kids weren't released until almost 1730 hours. I pray that everyone is safe and ok, students, faculty, and ems/fire/police.

Thomas

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Spelling

only like a cup off it spilled... ad from what i gathered 911 was never call hire a company to come in and take care of it..

only like a cup off it spilled... ad from what i gathered 911 was never call hire a company to come in and take care of it..

A cupfull of mercury is extremely hazardous! Anything more than a tablespoon spilled is considered a large amount and should be checked out by a hazmat team and the local health department. A clean up contractor will come in handy later on but you'll definately want english-speaking professionals there initially, especially in a school. The hiring practices of these clean up companies are the reason that HAZWOPER is now offered en espanol. THe health department may also be very interested in monitoring the efficacy of the contractors clean up.

That would explain why no pictures of fire trucks accompanied the artcile...

So - there was NO Fire Department on scene at all?

I believe LaGrange was on scene, I could be wrong, but I did hear them call out responding back to the school.

Thomas