Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fire84

YFD recruit

13 posts in this topic

hi

Fire I'm 84 and I am a firefighter in Portugal.

I want to move to Yonkers, and liked to continue with my profession, I have almost all the documents to move to USA.

I liked to work in the YFD, and my questions are, as is done recruiting new firefighters, and what is the frequency of opening of the academy?

Thanks

Fire 84

Edited by fire84

hi

Fire I'm 84 and I am a firefighter in Portugal.

I want to move to Yonkers, and liked to continue with my profession, I have almost all the documents to move to USA.

I liked to work in the YFD, and my questions are, as is done recruiting new firefighters, and what is the frequency of opening of the academy?

Thanks

Fire 84

You will have to take the appropriate tests for consideration.

Yonkers está tendo alguns problemas financeiros direito agora irmão. Talvez não seja o momento mais fácil para você tentar obter o trabalho lá. Boa sorte para você no seu endevours.

M' Ave likes this

yes but, what is the frequency of opening of the academy and where I have to register?

Thanks

Fire84

yes but, what is the frequency of opening of the academy and where I have to register?

Thanks

Fire84

I am a Yonkers Firefighter for the last 13 years. Fire84, I must say, your timing is pretty bad. The YFD is currently facing the possibility of layoffs of 44 of our brothers. Yonkers is facing tremendous budget shortfalls in excess of $100 million. Since we just put on a class of 36 this past January, it is unlikely that there will be an exam within the next 4 years. Civil Service rules here offer those figrefighters which were laid-off the right to be re-hired before they will go to the outside to hire new people. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You might have better luck trying to take the FDNY exam. They have tests much more frequently then Yonkers. Good Luck.

"Soy un Bombero de Yonkers desde hace 13 años. Fire84, yo debo decir, su tiempo es bastante malo. El YFD es actualmente frente a la posibilidad de paros involuntarios de 44 de nuestros hermanos. Yonkers está frente a insuficiencias económicas tremendas por encima de $100 millones. Desde que nosotros acabamos de poner una clase de 36 esto enero pasado, es improbable que habrá un examen dentro de los próximos 4 años. Las reglas del Cuerpo de funcionarios públicos aquí ofrecen esos figrefighters que fueron paro involuntario el derecho de ser antes que irán al exterior para emplear nuevas a personas. Arrepentido ser el portador de malas noticias. Usted quizás tenga mejor suerte que trata de tomar el examen de FDNY. Tienen pruebas mucho más con frecuencia entonces Yonkers. Buena Suerte."

Many career fire positions also require U.S. citizenship. I do not know if that is an issue for you, but something you may need to check 1st.

Fire84--I apologize, my last post was translated into Spanish by accident. Below it has been translated into Portugese. I hope the info is helpful.

"EU sou um Yonkers bombeiro nos últimos 13 anos. Fire84, devo dizer, a sua cronometrante é bastante mal. O YFD enfrenta hoje a possibilidade de demissões de 44 de nossos irmãos. Yonkers enfrenta enormes deficiências no orçamento de 100 DÓLARES excedentárias milhões. apenas colocados em uma vez que temos uma classe de Janeiro passado 36, é improvável que haja um exame dentro dos próximos 4 anos."

efdcapt115 likes this

what is the age limit for entering the YFD?

thanks

Fire 84

what is the age limit for entering the YFD?

thanks

Fire 84

The max age is 28 when taking the exam.

Edited by KCRD

one more question, recruitment is done once in how many years?

Thaks

fire 84

one more question, recruitment is done once in how many years?

Thaks

fire 84

A civil service hiring exam is given every 4 years. Of the total applicant pool, you need to be in the top 5-10% to achieve a position. In these uncertain times, it's not a good thing to bank on. By all means, study, train and try hard, but have something to fall back on.

batt2 likes this

A civil service hiring exam is given every 4 years. Of the total applicant pool, you need to be in the top 5-10% to achieve a position. In these uncertain times, it's not a good thing to bank on. By all means, study, train and try hard, but have something to fall back on.

Good advice for anybody taking a Firefighter Exam, anywhere today. I had a little trouble trying to figure out that language spoken earlier, But after some time, I enjoyed reading those Posts written in Polish (above). "Dzienku" (that means "Thank you" in Polish)

the last WRITTEN EXAMINATION was in 2008, and the next 2012?