Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turk182

Danbury officer killed in hit-and-run *UPDATED WITH SERVICE INFO*

6 posts in this topic

News Times article link

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Danbury-officer-killed-in-hit-and-run-511252.php

DANBURY -- Flags in the city were flying at half-staff Friday morning and firefighters placed bunting on the entrance of the police station in honor of officer Donald Hassiak, who was killed Thursday while riding his bicycle to work.
Edited by xfirefighter484x
Moved to apppropriate forum and added quote

May Officer Hassiak rest in peace, I know I can speak for the rest of the Danbury Police Explorers and the whole DPD family when I say our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, children, family and friends.

RIP 506

Deputy Chief Alex Cardella #903

Danbury Police Explorers

Tragic...may he rest in peace.

Thanks, everybody over here is really shaken up... this is so tragic. State Police and New Milford Police are taking care of the investigation, but its an obvious blow to the department.

Service information has been posted:

WAKE:

June 8th, Tuesday

Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge St, New Milford. 1600 to 2000 hrs

Funeral:

June 9th, Wednesday

St. Francis Xavier Church, Rte 109, New Milford, Ct 1000 hrs.

Cemetery:

June 9th

Burial at Center Cemetery (Rte 202) to follow

Mass transit will be organized for personnel, the details are still being worked out. The good news (if such a thing exists) is that P.O. Hassiak will be given Line of Duty Honors. The Ceremonial Unit will be organizing the details and an Operations Plan is being developed, New Milford PD is going to need assistance for the services, I'd imagine my guys are going to be requested to help.

This was posted from a Lieutenant in the PD for distribution:

As Don was a member of the DPD Honor Guard I am asking everyone to reach out to departments around the state and region to request that all available Honor Guards be present at the funeral services Wednesday, 1000 hours, at St. Francis Xavier Church in New Milford. If you know someone... in another police department please pass this on. Assembly at 0900 hours at the church. Thank you.

If your Guard can make it, we would greatly appreciate it... thanks guys.