Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

West. Co. "Reserved" Apparatus Plate Numbers

7 posts in this topic

I was looking at the 60 control apparatus listings....the reserved #'s...did an apparatus once have the specific #? Or was it a plan for the future when this system started to make room for growing Departments? Thanks be safe all!

I was looking at the 60 control apparatus listings....the reserved #'s...did an apparatus once have the specific #? Or was it a plan for the future when this system started to make room for growing Departments? Thanks be safe all!

Could be either. ie. We are assigned Engines 17-26

E17, E18, & E19 - Two of these 3 are spare engines. the numbers rotate as rigs go in and out of the fleet. Currently we have E18 and E19 (was just decommissioned) upon arrival of the next engine, which ever it replaces will become E17. Next will be E19, then E18. The rotation makes it easier for the dept shop to keep them seperated.

E20 - is reserved for future use (and to my knowledge has never been used)

E21-E25 are our frontline engines and for us the 2nd digit is the station (E-21 - Station #1, E25 - Station #5).

E26 was disbanded in the 1970's

Is FIRE BIKE 1 still in service?

E26 was disbanded in the 1970's

Barry - Could you tell me where Engine 6 (aka Engine 26) was housed back in the 1970's? Did it have its own station? Was there an additional ladder company that was also a front line rig back in the 1970's that was also disbanded back in the 1970's?

Thanks!

Barry - Could you tell me where Engine 6 (aka Engine 26) was housed back in the 1970's? Did it have its own station? Was there an additional ladder company that was also a front line rig back in the 1970's that was also disbanded back in the 1970's? Thanks!

E6 was the squad and it was a 2nd engine out of HQ on Church street. No additional ladders.

Also I was advised that E-20 was inservice from 1962 - 1972ish at what is now station #5. The house was station #7 at the time and we did not hav E-27 (eastchester)

I remember 6 Engine at Harrison Street too, with 1 Engine (and the truck, and the Chief, and the ambulance). It was an open cab Mack and had a large chemical extinguisher mounted by a jump seat. It was the engine with masks so it was second due everywhere. I'm sure the "snottier" NR guys will correct me if I'm wrong. :)