Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turk182

RIP Rye Firefighter Bruce Kerr (Online Condolence Card)

45 posts in this topic

While I only knew Bruce for a short period of time, he left a lasting impression.

For a while, there wasn't a night at work (or a day) when you didn't see "The Brothers Kerr" on the schedule as Instructors. I spent quite a few evenings talking with Bruce about the fire service, the weather - whatever. He was down to earth, honest and eager to help shape new firefighters. We had the fortune on a couple of nights to get both brothers, and for that we are thankful.

To Bruce's family, his brother Robert and the brothers in Rye, our sincerest thanks for the lessons learned and may God look over Bruce as he continues to fight fires for the big guy upstairs.

John Munson

1st Asst. Chief

Croton Fire Dept.

RIP Brother

My condolences to the Kerr family and members of the Rye F.D.

Bruce enjoyed life to the fullest and was always a great guy to sit down and have a beer with. He loved the fire service and his time as an instructor and will be missed.

Rest in Peace Bruce. Will think of you often brother!

Rest in Peace

While I only knew Bruce for a short period of time, he left a lasting impression.

For a while, there wasn't a night at work (or a day) when you didn't see "The Brothers Kerr" on the schedule as Instructors. I spent quite a few evenings talking with Bruce about the fire service, the weather - whatever. He was down to earth, honest and eager to help shape new firefighters. We had the fortune on a couple of nights to get both brothers, and for that we are thankful.

To Bruce's family, his brother Robert and the brothers in Rye, our sincerest thanks for the lessons learned and may God look over Bruce as he continues to fight fires for the big guy upstairs.

John Munson

1st Asst. Chief

Croton Fire Dept.

Thanks John for your kind thoughts during this difficult time. I will pass them along to our family and are sincerely appreciaed.

I would like to personally thank you for all the kind words and prayers. It makes this extremely difficult time a little easier to know so many people experienced my dad's passion for the fire service.

Megan Kerr

efdcapt115 likes this

Bruce was a wiseguy, He once moved the city of Rye line on midland ave at a large brush/ railroad ties fire so I had more fire to put out then he had! [no reaily the line is "ah" over there!] Engine 191 to Rye 10-8

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Rest in Peace....May the Lord comfort all those affected.

Rob,

very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Maz FDMV

RIP brother. All my prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.

Rob,

I will keep you, your family and Bruce's girls in my thoughts and prays during this difficult time, i am truly sorry for your loss.

pete bertocchi WCFTC

Rob- My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family during this difficult time.

Jimmy Seymour

L1394/WCFTC

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Brother Bruce Kerr. While I only knew him for a short time from when I was in the training academy, he will be missed. Rest in peace brother and may God watch over your family in this sad time.

Here is the info for Brother Kerr's Wake and Funeral

Reposing on Wednesday 2-4 and 7-9 at the Lincoln Park Funeral Home 625 McLean Ave. Yonkers. A mass will be celebrated on Thursday 10 AM at St. Casimir Church.

It was always great to see Bruce at almost every function. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Bruce I remember all the good times we all had with you every fall at the Arson Seminar and the talks we had at the training center. I will honestly miss you my friend. Rob and the entire Kerr family my sincerest condolences we have lost another good man far too soon.