Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemn23

Mt. Vernon Fire 3-16-05 Discussion

13 posts in this topic

0700 - Batt 1 reports day crews will be picked up in Squad 3 and transported to scene. Recall of manpower to staff TL 1 so M/A can be released.

I figured I'd start the 20 post on this topic but hey they actually did the righ tthing

0700 - Batt 1 reports day crews will be picked up in Squad 3 and transported to scene. Recall of manpower to staff TL 1 so M/A can be released.  

I figured I'd start the 20 post on this topic but hey they actually did the righ tthing

Was that last part really necessary?? Why is it every time there is a fire in Mount Vernon everyone has to talk trash? The FD does the best it can do with the way it is man. I know the history here, but if your gonna talk trash do it when it is deserved not when something was done right [-X !!

CAM502,

I have to disagree with you on that one. Firemn23's comment was well warrented given Mt. Vernon's history. They actually recalled members who were not working or coming in (Im guessing those were the guys they called since I believe they held the night crew, you can correct me if im wrong).

Mt. Vernon has always been quick to call for aid, and slow to release it. This shows that they are starting to turn the corner, and maybe others will see they are making an effort.

We all know that FDMV does the best they can with what they have, I dont think anyone is doubting that. Its just about time that the administration they work for sees it as well, instead of just looking at the bottom line and trying to scrape on by.

Pudge,

Regardless of who was recalled [-( , it was done to release the M/A, that was the concern. In regard to the first comment, this thread is about today not the past. Almost everyone on this board is happy to jump up and down and point out the bad things, ALL THE TIME, but when something is good they are few and far between. All I'm sayin is instead of being negative, just don't say anything.

actually my comment was in reference to the 20 other posts we had before in another thread that were all bashing MVFD. I am actually just stating a point that everyone else had complained about previously. I am stating that they corrected something that was complained about before.

FDMV does the best they can with what they are have. =D> The politicans in MV, however, that's another story.

Also, anyone know how many Batt's there are in MV? I remember once hearing 5, but that sounds too high......

I find it very interesting that Mt. Vernon does not call Yonkers in on mutual aid. Are relations that bad? :-k

only between the 2 commishes!

from what i understand Yonkers is not the answer in Mount Vernon...notice that they are two independent cities...what should Yonkers have to add companies every time MV needs help or should the busiest department in the county handle their own place and let those not as busy help? I don't believe that one city should pay out overtime to firefighters working in another city's fire district...how does this make sense...

Yonkers strategy is working- things are slowly improving in

Mt Vernon. New rigs, better pay, and recalling their own men for large fires are just some of the things Mt. Vernon politicians

are starting to realize are necessary.

Kudos to Yonkers for sticking up for the Mt Vernon FF's and putting the pressure on M.V. City Hall to get it's act together.

Let's hope the progress continues....

PS. How much longer could the citizens of Yonkers be expected to subsidize Mt. Vernon's fire protection.

I think this dog has been beaten beyond death. So this thread is being locked until the next big Yonkers/MV incident. Until then, just remember who is one of the first departments to cover Yonkers when they have a job....