Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

Yonkers Police 10-13 on 10-03-10

8 posts in this topic

10-13 for Yonkers Police Sergeant Roy McLaughlin

On October 3, 2010, the members of the Yonkers Police Department are hosting a 10-13 party for Roy McLaughlin. Roy has been a member of the department for over 12 years, and comes from a police family. He is a young married father of four who has been suddenly diagnosed with brain cancer. We are hosting this benefit to help defray some of his medical expenses. The benefit will be held at Dunwoodie Golf Course @ the Social from 12 noon to 8 pm. Entry will be $25.00 which will include food and soda, with a cash bar. Donations and raffles will be sold at the door.

The C.L.S.A and the P.B.A. are asking supporters of the Yonkers Police Department to donate to the benefit. We can accept gift certificates to raffle off, prizes, memorabilia or even cash. Anything will be gratefully appreciated.

Please contact one of the following people for info:

Tom Phelan………………..914-525-2834

Charles DeMatteo………….914-815-4843

Mike Hanley……………….914-424-8219

Meredith McLaughlin……..914-497-8318

Andrew McLaughlin………914-261-1327

* I went to the Academy with Roy and he was my first partner. We walked a foot post together right out of the Academy and then we worked a sector car together for 4 years. Roy is a true gentlemen and a cops' cop. I am urging everyone to please make an effort to come to the 10-13 on October 3 at Dunwoodie. Thank You all in advance for your help.

Yea don't everybody reply at once. Count me in for the 13 dude, I'll be there.

Thank you Brother, I'll see you there !

For those of us non-Westchester folk, where is Dunwoodie?

Dunwoodie is a county run golf course that has a great restaurant called Social, this is where the benefit will be held. The address of the golf course is 1 Wasylenko Lane which is off Yonkers Avenue right across from the Yonkers Gateway Motel which is 300 Yonkers Avenue. If anyone needs any directions or other info please feel free to PM me.

MAP

Thanks guys !!

Dunwoodie is located just north of where the Cross County and Saw Mill River Parkways come together in Yonkers. It's one minute from those two highways and about three minutes from the NYS Thruway (I-87).

CrimeCop, do you have any fliers that we can post in our headquarters and outlying precincts?

Chris, I'm still out but i will call the guys in my unit so i can get some fliers that guys can put up in their commands which would be greatly appreciated !

Bump for Sunday.