Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boston Firehouses

13 posts in this topic

Could someone recommend the best Boston firehouses to visit? Have some buddies coming in town and want to make sure we hit the good ones.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Thnks

Engine 10 tower ladder 3 rescue 1

engine 33 ladder 15

the marine unit

tower ladder 10

you can find all there addresses at massmetrofire.org

also massport fire rescue is a good take also

if i can help in any other way let me know

Could someone recommend the best Boston firehouses to visit? Have some buddies coming in town and want to make sure we hit the good ones.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Thnks

Ladder 14 is a good place, Skip Olsen who is on here works in that house.

Engine 10 tower ladder 3 rescue 1

engine 33 ladder 15

the marine unit

tower ladder 10

you can find all there addresses at massmetrofire.org

also massport fire rescue is a good take also

if i can help in any other way let me know

I just went to Engine 10, Tower Ladder 3, Rescue 1, and Division 1's quarters on Friday to snap a few pics of the rigs and such. I'll try to get them up soon. It is a really cool station to visit. Plus, it has a few Special Ops. rigs there. Tactical Support Unit(TSU) 1, the Collapse Rescue Unit, and the Dive Rescue Unit.

Engine 7, Tower Ladder 17, and District 4's quarters is also a pretty cool firehouse. Tower Ladder 17 is also the busiest ladder company in Boston. Engine 4, Ladder 24, and District 3 quarters is near the Mass State House in the West End. Engine 8 and Ladder 1 firehouse is also an interesting firehouse to stop at if you're in the North End and it's not too far from the Marine Unit on Burrough's Wharf. Engine 33 and Ladder 15 quarters is a very unique firehouse located near Fenway Park(They also just got a brand new KME Engine). Engine 50's quarters in Charlestown is also a pretty cool station if your near Bunker Hill. There are also many firehouses scattered across Southern Boston.

Here are the addresses, apparatus, and neighborhoods of the above firehouses:

Fire Station # 4

West End/Beacon Hill

200 Cambridge St.

• Engine 4
  • Ladder 24
  • District 3

Fire Station # 7

Back Bay/South End

200 Columbus Ave.

• Engine 7
  • Tower Ladder 17
  • District 4

Fire Station # 8

North End

392 Hanover St.

• Engine 8
  • Ladder 1

Fire Station # 10 - Division 1 Headquarters

Downtown Crossing/Financial District

125 Purchase St.(At 125 High Street Complex)

• Engine 10
  • Tower Ladder 3
  • Rescue 1
  • Car 6(Division 1)
  • TSU 1(Technical Rescue Unit)
  • H6(Collapse Rescue Unit)
  • J20(Dive Rescue Unit)

Fire Station # 33

Back Bay/Fenway

941 Boylston St.

• Engine 33
  • Ladder 15

Fire Station # 50

Charlestown/Bunker Hill

34 Winthrop St.

• Engine 50

You can also consult Firenews.org and go to the department list page for a ton of information and pictures on the BFD and other New England departments. You can then go under Massachusetts and look for Boston in the B's.

This is great info! Thanks for taking the time to share your input.

I'm surprised there is no mention of the Huntington Ave. station...

Thanks again

-JW

This is great info! Thanks for taking the time to share your input.

I'm surprised there is no mention of the Huntington Ave. station...

Thanks again

-JW

Haha! You're welcome JW! The reason I didn't mention Station 37 is because it's down in Roxbury and I thought that it may be a little out of your way to go all the way down there. However, I'll leave the address and info below if you'd like to go down that far.

Fire Station # 37

Roxbury/Mission Hill

560 Huntington Ave.

• Engine 37
  • Ladder 26
  • District 5

If you need anymore help or addresses of other Boston firehouses, I'll be glad to help. Good luck in Boston!

Edited by sfrd18

All great houses, Eng 22 700 Tremont st, it has a special unit with it also, ive been twice guys were really good at 22. Im actually going to be in boston for houses on the 21st. According to Eng 37 Trk 26's offical Facebook page Dist 5 is now disbanded.

do they sell patches in boston??

Some firehouses sell patches, like Engine 8 and Ladder 1's quarters in the North End, and I believe Engine 50 in Charlestown. Also, there is a booth in front of Quincy Market that sells BFD shirts and patches.

Some firehouses sell patches, like Engine 8 and Ladder 1's quarters in the North End, and I believe Engine 50 in Charlestown. Also, there is a booth in front of Quincy Market that sells BFD shirts and patches.

ok thanx ill be up in boston for not even 2 full days so im trying to get in as much buffing as i can.

Just wrapped up the weekend visit in Boston. Everyone's input on this forum was very beneficial. To recap, started with a stop at the Boston Fire Museum just outside of the State Street area on Congress st. This is an old city firehouse with LOTS of great artifacts, etc.....definately worth the donation. Also, worth mentioning is that is run by the gents who provide rehab/canteen for the city and surrounding departments. We then made our way to the Division 1 HQ, nice guys from the Rescue 1. E33, L15 was a little disappointing as the guys weren't overly interested in visitors nor were they appreciative of us purchasing a few shirts and patches from them. Nonetheless, it was a great firehouse. The Huntington Ave. firehouse takes the cake. The guys on duty were very hospitable and seemed to enjoy visitors, more importantly they just seemed to love their job and were happy to be there.

Couple other visits made aren't worth mentioning. Everyone we visited got hit out for a run each time we stopped by. The icing on the cake was the 9 alarm fire that came in around 10:30pm....we realized this was going on when we saw the Cambridge rigs flying up and down Boylston....needless to say, we buffed our way over to check out the warehouse fire. Very impressive but glad they pulled back before the collapses.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys!