Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
38ff

Peekskill -Current Feature Photo question

9 posts in this topic

In the Peekskill ladder picture, was that the old paper factory that was located inbetween Peekskill Middle School and the old Drum Hill High School?

it was the former mill printing building

It was the old Mill Printing building. This was 1991 I believe, my father was 1st asst. chief(2342). They actually had a lot of smaller fires in the rear of the building in the weeks prior to this fire. The rear of building was all concrete block I believe, and the kids would get in and light small fires. Then one night they got in and lit a fire in the front which was all wood frame, and that was that. They actually had a lot of problems getting sufficient water to the scene and I believe that the Montrose VA wound up bringing a 4" line up from Washington St. to get sufficient flow to the scene. If I'm not mistaken, I think this was L-45 '89 Pierce's 1st big fire.

I think I have some more pics of this fire from Mr. Stretz, as well as an aerial view that someone took from a helicopter....I'll see if I can scan them in later if you guys are interested.

I think I have some more pics of this fire from Mr. Stretz, as well as an aerial view that someone took from a helicopter....I'll see if I can scan them in later if you guys are interested.

Yes interested

tommy please thank your father for letting u share these great pictures...im sure hes got a few from montrose in his collection somewhere?

not really any fire wise but he does have old apparatus I will post in time