Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Members, Anniversaries, New Members

13 posts in this topic

Most days I check the list of membership anniversaries to see if there's any of the regulars here that are celebrating one. And the birthdays. And the new members list.

Question: Who are some of these people? So many of them don't post, or even log on. There's many names I don't recognize day after day. Are all these members "verified"?

An issue came up recently, and I was discussing with a member of administration who stated on another site, if you apply for membership, they have a moratorium period before they will actually let you become a member; after you've applied. This makes perfect sense.

Should EMTBravo adopt that policy?

And what about cleaning up the membership list? What about a member who, let's say has been registered for 5 years, has no posts, no log-ons, etc? Should you maybe give them the boot? Maybe every once in a while, the board should "clean house" so to speak.

Just a suggestion.

If the member hasn't logged on for 5 years, maybe it's a mistake, and you could clean house but one with no posts who logs on still might enjoy the site and learn from it... Which isn't something to discourage...

Most days I check the list of membership anniversaries to see if there's any of the regulars here that are celebrating one. And the birthdays. And the new members list.

And do you also check the obits ?????

Not much to do in the Keys these days ?????

If the member hasn't logged on for 5 years, maybe it's a mistake, and you could clean house but one with no posts who logs on still might enjoy the site and learn from it... Which isn't something to discourage...

Yes Chief, that' a good point.

And do you also check the obits ?????

Not much to do in the Keys these days ?????

The obits? You mean the "Irish sports Pages" dont' you....

i have 2 names on here this one and one other in which i cannot remember the password too.

If they have been on here for 5 years and have not logged in then they must not be a verified member eh?

I do not post too often, mainly because I live out of the "main coverage area" of EMTBravo. Time to time, if we have something exciting happen up in my area, I will post it. unfortunately, and luckily, we see very little action.

I also post occasionally on the "scenario, or what would you do" threads. Even though I do not post often, I still get alot of entertainment out of this site, and I would be a little saddened if I was given the boot

I do not post too often, mainly because I live out of the "main coverage area" of EMTBravo. Time to time, if we have something exciting happen up in my area, I will post it. unfortunately, and luckily, we see very little action.

I also post occasionally on the "scenario, or what would you do" threads. Even though I do not post often, I still get alot of entertainment out of this site, and I would be a little saddened if I was given the boot

Maybe I said it wrong. I was mainly talking about "inactive" accounts, a screen name that someone signed up for in say 2005, and never logged in again. Things like that. Certainly, like Batt2 said, there's hundreds of people who log on and don't post. Those are certainly not the folks I was referring to. Just when I see some of these anniversaries, I do bother to look at the list of screen names that log in on any particular day, and I'm like "who is this" about some of the screen names. Administration knows who comes on and who does not. That's basically all I was suggesting.

I like when a member that I know has an anniversary or a birthday; I just might post something about it. Just another cool little feature of the site.

I like when a member that I know has an anniversary or a birthday; I just might post something about it. Just another cool little feature of the site.

I was hoping for flowers and a box of chocolates!

efdcapt115 likes this

I was hoping for flowers and a box of chocolates!

You'll have to settle for a rep point. Very good (p*ick).

Happy Anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary.....haaaaapppy annniversary!!!!

SPARKY (6), firebuff10-28 (6), RICH HYLAND (5), muts2244 (5), mb3857 (4), mlfleming (4), NCHammer914 (3), szabc (2), jefe4065 (2), Tom Powell (2), dpfd144 (2), emt4free (2), medic84r4ny (2), looker234 (1), divvyk (1)

Question: Who are some of these people? So many of them don't post, or even log on. There's many names I don't recognize day after day. Are all these members "verified"?

And what about cleaning up the membership list? What about a member who, let's say has been registered for 5 years, has no posts, no log-ons, etc? Should you maybe give them the boot? Maybe every once in a while, the board should "clean house" so to speak.

I've moved members that haven't logged on since 12-31-2009 into an inactive members group. There's several logistical and technical issues that factor in if I was to straight out delete members.

As for a trial period, there's a number of things I can do, which I'm considering. I can limit the members posting ability for a certain amount of time, and limit the amount of posts they make until they hit a certain mark. I also can make them pass a moderator approval before their content is visible for a certain time period. As mentioned, I'm trying to figure out which options make the most sense. I am also reconsidering instituting the Verified Member program.