Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Passing Of Marilyn Peloke

4 posts in this topic

Marilyn Peloke, from Marilyn and Gil's Fire Station, the fire service collectibles store in Catskill, NY but known for the many fire service events she atteneded with her traveling store, died in September under the care of hospice, after a battle with Alzheimers.

I know I'm a little late with this, but Marilyn really was such a nice lady and a fixture at musters, trade shows, etc. She did it right up until she couldn't anymore. She was pre-internet days, with the only hi tech method of ordering from her by phone.

Marilyn Peloke, from Marilyn and Gil's Fire Station, the fire service collectibles store in Catskill, NY but known for the many fire service events she atteneded with her traveling store, died in September under the care of hospice, after a battle with Alzheimers.

I know I'm a little late with this, but Marilyn really was such a nice lady and a fixture at musters, trade shows, etc. She did it right up until she couldn't anymore. She was pre-internet days, with the only hi tech method of ordering from her by phone.

Alzheimers is a tough way to finish up life. Now that her battle has ended, may she rest in eternal peace.

Alzheimers is a tough way to finish up life. Now that her battle has ended, may she rest in eternal peace.

I met Marilyn many years ago when I was an officer in Fairchester Hose Haulers Association, where her & Gil attended our musters at Kensico Dam and Croton Point Park.

She was a great person and continued the business, on her own, after Gil's passing.

May she rest in peace.

Marilyn was a first-class human being, and an asset to the die-cast collecting hobby. She will be missed. Between her passing and the demise of Westchester Collectibles, it won't be the same going to some of those events now.

Rest in peace, Mrs. Peloke.