Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

An Apology And Explanation To All EMTBravo Members

8 posts in this topic

Members,

I am overwhelmed with personal messages and emails all expressing support for this site. At last count, there were just over 350 and counting. I can't believe the spectrum of people I've heard from. Each one means a ton to me and is very well written, and I have put them into a special folder so when I get frustrated with this site, I can look and see why I put up with it. I am going to reply to each and every one, it may just take me a while. Thank you so much for taking the time to write.

Also, the staff is working with me to deal with my personal issues. I will probably take a big step back and just work on the development of this site, something which I enjoy. As for my health, I'm not in a good place right now in that respect and it's complicated. I'm also unemployed due to my illness.I have a baby daughter which has changed my life in such a positive way, and I want to spend as much time with her as possible. At the time, after thinking about it for several days, I decided to shut down the site impulsively, for a few reasons, without talking to the staff first and exploring our options. The staff is a MAJOR part of this site, and I couldn't do it without them. I sincerely regret the way I handled it, and I take full responsibility for my actions. I also apologize to that staff that I caused problems for now and in the future, and damaging the credibility of this site for some.

I am also so truly grateful for the donations to the site, which means I won't have to worry about the cost of running this website for a while, and hopefully will give me time to solicit some advertisers and maybe plan a subscription program to cover the costs in the future. This takes a HUGE burden off my back, decreasing a stress factor leading me to almost give up. It also paid the debt of the site hosting fee last month which I placed on my maxed out credit card, and for the faster server (which didn't add monthly cost). I NEVER expected so many people to come forward and dig into their pockets to make sure that this site stayed online. I really didn't mean to push people into donating, and anybody who feels like I did, I will refund your money.

I'm excited that in a few weeks, EMTBravo.NET will celebrate 7 years online, and also hope this message made sense.

Thanks again for all your support, patience, and being a member of this site.

Seth Granville

Founder, EMTBravo

No need for an apology, I and the rest of us have your back, May God Bless you and your family, I,ve been home from Iraq for 10 months, and I was hurt over their thanks to some cowards IED, and the powers that be I was with were to busy taking care of their buddies, Me and my Brother in arms for life was put on the back burner, we both got hit by the sock wave from the blast, and we both are having headakes and on going bad dreams about that blast, However I,m still going to keep on Soldiering, Just not with that group I went over their with, I,m going to get back with the MPs and to finish what I started with them, Thanks again for this site and I,m proud to be able to help out in any way, HOOOOOOOOOOOAH!

Thanks so much for your effort Seth, can't be easy in these hard times, and especially when you get no financial benefit from this site. If there is a subscription program then I would be interested, I know its almost an after the horse has bolted event, but whats done is done and we can move on.

But take it easy, no sense having a meltdown over a website. Get yourself better, get back on the horse in your home and worklife and then come back to us, like you say let the moderators and admin staff take the reigns.

But above all, don't apologise for something the rest of us schmucks just sit and look at!!

No need for apologies Seth.

Seth, you owe an apology to NOBODY. This site was your creation and you need to do whats best for you bro.

That said, i am very happy to hear that you were able to avoid a permanent shutdown of the site. I think its quite obvious how people feel about this site.

I was one of the first 30 or so members almost 7 years ago (hard to believe). The site has seen many changes over the years, but has always stayed true to its roots. Now we have, what, some 12,000 registered users? Thats incredible and you should be very proud of that.

So, thank you Seth for all that you have done to make this site what it is.

I am just glad to see the site stay up and running I believe what you did was something that needed to be done so no regrets K.