Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

jetBlue To Fly To Alaska

7 posts in this topic

jetBlue announced it will be flying seasonally from Long Beach, CA to Anchorage, Alaska.

http://blog.hellojetblue.com/blog/index.php/2010/10/27/announcing-our-65th-bluecity-anchorage/

Hopefully, the TV's will work and the ones that do will have a decent picture (the main selling point of jetBlue), the plane won't be filthy, the fares will be reasonable, and the crew actually will be nice and helpful. As you can see my love of jetBlue has faded as they've become just like every other airline in my experiences last time I flew them two years ago. It's not the affordable and fun airline like it was a few years ago.

huh. I never had a bad flight with jet blue. I always wanted to go to alaska.

All of my flights with Jetblue including my international flight to the Dominican Republic have been nothing other than great experiences. The flights were clean, left on time, the crew was very helpful and I would go as far as to say they made flying into and out of JFK enjoyable. The prices have always been good for me, I have not paid more than 100 round trip from JFK to Burlington or Chicago and 300 round trip for JFK to the DR. I too would love to go to Alaska, looks like I have trip to plan. Any idea the fare rate?

firedude likes this

I agree with Seth. Jet Blue has changed over the last year or two. They are no longer the discount airline that they used to be.The equipment is still good; the cabin staff nice; and I never had a TV that didn't work.

I mostly fly from Westchester to Orlando (the other home) but have flown with JB as far as San Diego.

Great airline, but, getting expensive and starting to look like all the rest !

I have to agree with the above posts. But it is not just jetBlue, the whole airline industry took a descent with the bad economy. Also, jetBlue is really not that "low cost" anymore. I really think the term, "low cost airline" is now like an oxymoron.

I guess since I've been flying jetBlue since the start especially cross country routes like JFK-Burbank, I used to love them and was one of their biggest fans, even quoted in a Journal News article when they started flying out of Westchester. I guess I've seen a lot of change in jetBlue compared to when they first started. I remember when jetBlue announcing a new destination was a great treat for fans. Most of the people visitng us here in Austin come via the popular JFK-AUS route. Either they have a great flight, they've been doing excellent with arrival and departure time, or a bad experience, like cancelling a flight for no reason, having the TV's not work, lazy apatehtic crew, etc. I don't travel much anymore, and I maybe have traveled jetBlue twice round trip in the past three years. I also miss the old terminal (but it got so crowded toward the end and I HATED the remote terminal), and the new terminal is way too big and a schlep for me, and they ripped off a lot of features from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Also, their points system now suck, I used to get free flights all the time with no blackouts, their fares are no different then American or Continental or Southwest (which I avoid having to fly at all costs since they don't have assigned seating). They have all these new fees which they didn't have before.

Anyway, back to the Alaska route. They are going to have a tough time competing with Alaska Airlines, and I don't see the fares being cheap. I have a feeling that Sarah Palin has something to do with this, since when she was campaigning for VP, she chartered a jetBlue plane.

I'll still try to fly them if and when I travel again in the future, but there's no more airline loyalty for me, I'll go with whomever has the best fare on that route.

Flown Alaska Air more times than I can count from Newark to Seattle to many remote parts of Alaska. By far my favorite airline to travel on. Never had a bad crew, or unannounced cancellations. Food is ok, not great as with all domestic airlines. Very clean, and new aircraft, and the In-flight entertainment kept me awake for 6 hours transcon flights.