Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Show On Discovery: "Snow Men"

12 posts in this topic

So, out of no where this show about snow plow drivers on a brutal winter road in Utah comes on the Discovery channel after "Swamp Loggers", apprently it's going to follow the Utah DOT plow drivers as they try to keep the roads clean and sander, while the avalance crews try to track and prevent avalanches.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/snow-men/

post-11-0-63364900-1289179228.jpg

I've seen a the first episodes...in my opinion it is quite good. Those guys are faced with a very large task of keeping the roads cleared of snow and cleared of people when there is an avalanche threat. I recommend checking the show out.

x635 likes this

seth its a decent show. not only does it showcase the DOT drivers it also shows the avalance team at work figuring out when and where they will happen and trying to set them off puposly with explosives and such.

x635 likes this

Guys, for the past 15 or so years I have traveling to Utah to go skiing at Alta and Snowbird, both these ski area's are at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon Road. This road is incredible how steep and dangerous it can be at times, there is no bs in what they say during the show about the danger of the road. That area of Utah gets amazing amounts of snow, every year(550 inches last year)I have been stuck up top on a few occasion's and once just barely made it down the road just as they were closing the gates.It is an awesome area of this country of ours, and I recommend if you ski or snowboard to make a trip out to Alta or Snowbird, you wont regret it, I promise.

Edited by dmccabe
x635 likes this

Is this another show with a bunch of no-neck tough guys who can't complete a sentence without using the "F" word??

Is this another show with a bunch of no-neck tough guys who can't complete a sentence without using the "F" word??

Not at all....

And all of a sudden, Discovery pulls it completly from it's line up, only hours before it's set to air it's second episode. No explanation or notice to the fans.

Instead, they are airing "Wreck Chasers", the show that highlights the skells of the towing industry, and damaged the reputation of the towing industry that the show "Wrecked" built.

Well, then again, that freak family on Discovery Channel's sister network TLC with 19 kids who are now having a secons grandchild or the show that the guy has four wivees, or the little people who make chocolate, are more important priorities to them.

Ir seems Discovery is all about exploiting people for ratings, with the exception of a couple of shows.

They better bring it back!

seth, there is a new episode tommorrow at 3pm followed by 2 more episodes at 4 and 5

Those episodes, according to my Time Warner DVR and Discovery channel website, have been replaced by "Nature Attacks" and "Storm Chasers"

i see that discovery even took it off thier list of shows now. i guess another good show gone.

Edited by pfdfirefighter01

In my opinion, "Snow Men" was a good show. I hope they come out with an explanation or start to air it again.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Guys, for the past 15 or so years I have traveling to Utah to go skiing at Alta and Snowbird, both these ski area's are at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon Road. This road is incredible how steep and dangerous it can be at times, there is no bs in what they say during the show about the danger of the road. That area of Utah gets amazing amounts of snow, every year(550 inches last year)I have been stuck up top on a few occasion's and once just barely made it down the road just as they were closing the gates.It is an awesome area of this country of ours, and I recommend if you ski or snowboard to make a trip out to Alta or Snowbird, you wont regret it, I promise.

dmccabe...thanks for the info. My wife is from Vermont and a definate ski/snow bunny. I would love to see Utah in general, let alone for the skiing. Sounds like a great experience. Its funny, many people are quick to vacation to the Carribean (myself included) or other countries, but there is soo much beauty right here. Ive been wanting to get out to the mid-west for quite some time now, so i may just have to look into your reccomendations!

As for "Snow Men," sounds like it could have been a pretty cool show. Too bad it sounds like Discovery s**t-canned it. If the Discovery Chanel was looking to do an exciting show about snow-plowing, they should have come to my job lol. I would have let them ride-along with me as the Village of Buchanan can get real dangerous :rolleyes: . There would be plenty of action in the traffic circle.