Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"Survival Straps" Bracelets

5 posts in this topic

Are these cool, or just a rip off to make money? I constantly see their ad on Facebook, while I think it's pretty cool, a part of me feels like it's kind of misrepresented and just a product posing for a way to make money.

I mean, I've never needed 24' of paracord in an emergency situation before, lol.

What do you guys think?

http://www.survivalstraps.com/

Seth they're interesting but once you deploy it, you'll never re weave it. I have carried several different lengths over the years of similar sized rescue line in my gear. I place a figure 8 on a bite with a 250lb beener on one end then to make it compact I make a braid of slip knots out of the rest. The result is a device which can be quickly deployed by attaching the beener any mounting point, pulling the slip knots out and you're ready to go.

You would be amazed at the # of people that make those bracelets. School kids, scouts, military, the list goes on.

My buddy was in Civil Air Patrol in high school, he had one of these on all the time, but he actually wove it himself... kinda cool if you can do that yourself, but I don't think I'd pay money for this.

Actually really easy to do - if you made lanyards as a kid you can do this - well at least the basic ones.