Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbendick

Duck Crossing

16 posts in this topic

Whats with the Duck Crossing sign outside this Mamaroneck firehouse??

ducks.jpg

I'm working on trying to get an answer for that....

Is that the house with the yellow truck because that is the only thing that i can think of.

Na, Halstead Manor has a white over green apparatus (Eng. 38 ). Mamaro Engine Co. has the yellow engine (Eng. 40).

I work with a guy that is a member of Halstead Manor. I asked what the duck crossing sign was about, he told me and then asked me not to mention it here for reasons. I will say it had something to do about a member there. He did also tell me that before the road was redone that they had duck feet markings going across the road.

Sorry folks.

LOL sounds like there bustin chops :D

Talk about bustin' chops-

Back in 1975 when Somers got it's first diesel, cab forward pumper (E-180- 1975 Oren), there was a sign placed in front of Somers (hamlet) Fire House- simply stated-

"SEAGRAVE CROSSING"

I wish I had a picture of it- It was because all the other houses still were operating the 1958 Seagraves, everyone loved them so much, and no one wanted to drive the "new Oren" so by the time the Oren was responding to an alarm, a Seagrave was already passing the firehouse!

Ah, the good ol' days!!!!!!!

Talk about bustin' chops-

Back in 1975 when Somers got it's first diesel, cab forward pumper (E-180- 1975 Oren), there was a sign placed in front of Somers (hamlet) Fire House- simply stated-

"SEAGRAVE CROSSING"

I wish I had a picture of it-  It was because all the other houses still were operating the 1958 Seagraves, everyone loved them so much, and no one wanted to drive the "new Oren" so by the time the Oren was responding to an alarm, a Seagrave was already passing the firehouse!

Ah, the good ol' days!!!!!!!

So I guess a KME crossing sign will be going up now, lol? :-P

intersting sign.what year was this frehouse was built?this very intresting building with the stone and brick.

Still would love to know about the DUCKS??? I look for them whenever I drive by.

there are no ducks hun....lol ](*,)

Anyone wanna buy a duck?

Sounds like a little more then busting chops here from the sounds of RBFD's post.

Perhaps the person looking for the ducks, lmao, might not want to bend over in front of that firehouse if the member in question is there? Unless they filed under the duck version of Meagan's law.

I know the member that Duck Crossing sign is refrenced to has just recently passed away.

As far as the story goes i'll have to ask my buddy again as I don't remember why

Sad to hear he passed. I hope the sign is a playful homage to a good member and not meant to insult or humiliate.