Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers ranks itself 2nd-safest among big U.S. cities

6 posts in this topic

Yonkers ranks itself 2nd-safest among big U.S. cities

By Leslie Korngold • November 25, 2010

YONKERS — This is the second-safest big city in the United States, Mayor Phil Amicone says.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20101125/NEWS02/11250377/Yonkers-ranks-itself-2nd-safest-among-big-U.S.-cities

What I'm seeing- he's trying to justify having less cops! This guy is disgusting, does he have any morales besides his ego?

Amicone said that Yonkers' crime is down 5 percent so far this year over the comparable period in 2009. Meanwhile, the police force is down by more than 50 officers from its high of 641 officers in 2008.

"Our police are literally doing more with less," Amicone said.

The FBI does not rank cities. The bureau says on its website that numerous factors influence crime and that rankings are too simple and may create a misleading perception of a community.

When it comes to public safety services, all politicians have the same disease! I believe it's called "Mad Cow Disease"!

While the overall numbers may be down, in the 1st 8 months of 2010 there were more murders (9) than in the same 8 months of 2009 (3). Even if you add the rest of 2009, there are still more in 1st 8 months of 2010.

Yonkers needs the national guard in the summer on the West side, those boys and girls get their behind kicked every night! They should change the City motto to Doing more with less!

from what you hear and see on News12, it seems far from safe... I'll stay up here in the north...